A Reef 2 Reef Spotlight "Tridacna Crocea".

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Blue maxima that has a spotted pattern. I have been thinking about getting a yellow coris or canary wrasse and was wondering your oppinion on how likely it will be to nip at the clams mantle. Also how do you pronounce crocea?

I keep Coris Wrasses with my clams no prob. LOL my best pronunciation explanation is Crow-s-ea-uh hahahahaha

OP
OP
skinz78

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey skinz, I've noticed my clams seem to get a little stressed with higher flows. Stressed meaning the clam looks like it is gaping from the inhalant I believe (the valve that is flush with the rest of the clam, not sure if that is correct). Is this common? Its about 35 inches away from the nearest powerhead, so it's
hard to believe its getting too much flow? Any ideas? Also when I turn the flow down (it's a vortech) the gaping stops immediately.

Can you post a pic in a new thread in the clam forum?

rebel souljah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you heard of a sailfin tang chewing on a clams mantle...or DID i have the only one ever...100% watched him do it!!! so now he is GONE!!!

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 High that's been up almost 9 months and I'm thinking of getting a clam and sticking it pretty high up in my rockwork.

I have a 4 bulb T5 aquaticlife hood with individual reflectors. Would this be a good one to start with?

My T.Crocea under the same lights for 1+yrs now, 26g. Placed 11" from lights on LR.
pe4a3y5e.jpg

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back