OP
OP
Reef-roach

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting up one last pic before ripping out the acros and treating them in a hospital tank. I noticed a millie a few days ago losing color and polyp extension near the base. Dipped it and found two AEFW. I'm kicking myself in the butt, because I tore down my quarantine a while back to shuffle stuff around and never set it back up, putting faith in dipping. Should've known better. My last bout with AEFW was pretty traumatic, so I'm pretty nervous. I've got a busy weekend ahead. Wish me luck, ladies and gentlemen!
image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
Reef-roach

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best of luck to you buddy! Hope it all turns out well!
Thanks Dwayne. Horrible timing for a big aquarium project! I've got a research paper due and finals coming up, along with a club meeting I don't want to miss tonight. My girlfriend is helping me get everything together and ready right now. I'd be a frantic mess without her.

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang - sucks - good luck kicking butt tho. Guess if you don't come down to redding....you don't come down to chico.lol

OP
OP
Reef-roach

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang - sucks - good luck kicking butt tho. Guess if you don't come down to redding....you don't come down to chico.lol
Thanks buddy. Everything is together and set, ready for the big tear down tomorrow. Nope, I get to the Bay Area for family stuff every couple months, but never go to Chico. You ever make it up this way?

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to. Sis was up there for a bit doing the college. But now she's in sac. So great up there (except the curvy drive in) dig the folf course up by the college And that hot tub place..can't remember the name but you rent each unit out by the hour I think and they have those old school wood built rock heated tubs. Crazy gardens there too. Love it up there. But haven't been for quite some time.
Nice the tank sitch is set.

OP
OP
Reef-roach

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to. Sis was up there for a bit doing the college. But now she's in sac. So great up there (except the curvy drive in) dig the folf course up by the college And that hot tub place..can't remember the name but you rent each unit out by the hour I think and they have those old school wood built rock heated tubs. Crazy gardens there too. Love it up there. But haven't been for quite some time.
Nice the tank sitch is set.
If you ever trek this way, let me know;o always have beers in the fridge!

OP
OP
Reef-roach

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Everything survived the first treatment! It's been a long couple of days. Victory beer!

OP
OP
Reef-roach

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
of Battlecorals' reverse superman monti I acquired from a friend about 2 months ago encrusting the overflow.

OP
OP
Reef-roach

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Been a while since I've updated. Lost some acros due to instability in the hospital tank. Reassembled about a month ago and acros are starting to color up again!

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. I was planning on moving to Eureka, Arcata area, in a year with my family due to a friend growing up there and loving it. However, all the reviews turned me away...they say young bums run the streets now days and tick all over the place :(

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the algae is dying back at the expense of a little coralline I'd be okay with that.

I lived in Eureka back in '90-'92 while stationed at Coast Guard Station Humboldt Bay. I love it up there. There were a few fish stores, Balanced in Arcata, Fin Fur and Feathers, Old Towne Pet Center if I remember correctly. CPR wet drys were all the rage back then.

OP
OP
Reef-roach

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. I was planning on moving to Eureka, Arcata area, in a year with my family due to a friend growing up there and loving it. However, all the reviews turned me away...they say young bums run the streets now days and **** all over the place :(
Thank you for the compliment! The list of pros don't outnumber the cons for living in the area, that's for sure. I'll be here a while, but I certainly am not married to the idea of being a Eureka lifer. Tons of problems here. I miss East Bay life in many ways.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. I was planning on moving to Eureka, Arcata area, in a year with my family due to a friend growing up there and loving it. However, all the reviews turned me away...they say young bums run the streets now days and **** all over the place :(

I left there in '93 and went back for the first time last year to show my daughter where she was born. It has really changed a lot. I think the closing of Simpson and LP really hurt the local economy. I was also stationed in Crescent City, CA on USCGC Edisto. It's 90 miles or so up the road from Eureka. What I remembered as a vibrant little town that looked like postcard was like a town from the Walking Dead. Thanks Pelican Bay.

OP
OP
Reef-roach

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the algae is dying back at the expense of a little coralline I'd be okay with that.

I lived in Eureka back in '90-'92 while stationed at Coast Guard Station Humboldt Bay. I love it up there. There were a few fish stores, Balanced in Arcata, Fin Fur and Feathers, Old Towne Pet Center if I remember correctly. CPR wet drys were all the rage back then.
Thanks, yes the coralline has since been growing back angrily! Balanced and F&F are still around, and there's still a couple CPR's floating around this area. I do enjoy being close to the ocean, mountains and rivers around here.

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I left there in '93 and went back for the first time last year to show my daughter where she was born. It has really changed a lot. I think the closing of Simpson and LP really hurt the local economy. I was also stationed in Crescent City, CA on USCGC Edisto. It's 90 miles or so up the road from Eureka. What I remembered as a vibrant little town that looked like postcard was like a town from the Walking Dead. Thanks Pelican Bay.

My close friend grew up there in the 80's. She loved the place and the stories she told sounded like a perfect place to escape to. She still has parents there but the economy and the "walking dead" scene sounds like a no-go...its a shame.

EnLight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lived in Humboldt from birth to when I was 18 then moved to Redding, pretty cool to see some other people here are around these two areas too. I visit Humboldt now and then but it's just kind of depressing now. Great tank though!

OP
OP
Reef-roach

Reef-roach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lived in Humboldt from birth to when I was 18 then moved to Redding, pretty cool to see some other people here are around these two areas too. I visit Humboldt now and then but it's just kind of depressing now. Great tank though!
Thank you for the kind words. Next time you're in the area and have some time to kill, send me a message and you can swing by and check the tank out.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back