Aquaforest Oceanguard 605 Build

bajohn32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a year and a half in the hobby I have finally upgraded. I will still be invested in my Aquatop Recife 40g cube, but man am I ready for this new journey with the Aquaforest. I have learned a ton in the last year. I have fought the most extreme algae issues and I’m still here, I’d call that a WIN. This will be a slower build and hope to begin cycling in a couple months.

I never did document my progress from my first ever saltwater tank, but the side by side picture is from when I started to the current status of the tank.

Aquatop Recife 40g: Started December 2022
IMG_3063.jpeg

March 12, 2024: Tank Arrived
IMG_5925.jpeg

March 13, 2024: Stand and Tank Set Up
IMG_5964.jpeg

March 26, 2024: Sample Rockscape
IMG_6114.jpeg

April 2, 2024: Scaped the Tank
IMG_6223.jpeg

To say I am excited is an understatement! I hope many of you follow and enjoy this thread. I am ready to keep on reefing!

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a year and a half in the hobby I have finally upgraded. I will still be invested in my Aquatop Recife 40g cube, but man am I ready for this new journey with the Aquaforest. I have learned a ton in the last year. I have fought the most extreme algae issues and I’m still here, I’d call that a WIN. This will be a slower build and hope to begin cycling in a couple months.

I never did document my progress from my first ever saltwater tank, but the side by side picture is from when I started to the current status of the tank.

Aquatop Recife 40g: Started December 2022
IMG_3063.jpeg

March 12, 2024: Tank Arrived
IMG_5925.jpeg

March 13, 2024: Stand and Tank Set Up
IMG_5964.jpeg

March 26, 2024: Sample Rockscape
IMG_6114.jpeg

April 2, 2024: Scaped the Tank
IMG_6223.jpeg

To say I am excited is an understatement! I hope many of you follow and enjoy this thread. I am ready to keep on reefing!
Love the new tank (and the oldie but goodie one as well). Will follow along!

MR294

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new tank, looking forward to following along! About 3 months in with my oceanguard 605, and I'm loving it.

MR294

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Just curious, did you take out the silencer as well?
I did. I was worried after reading some of the posts about issues maintaining water level, but after some fine tuning, my water level has been rock solid and the overflow is whisper quiet.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back