A Warning about Amazons Lost Shipment Policy.

Sablah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
W

While i agree with you about the procedure to file a claim etc to see what happened to the item, i believe 1. This should be done by the seller as you had mentioned before with Amazon and 2. The client should give the seller a chance to see what can be done to remedy the situation as the delivery company has caused them to lose face.

I however strongly disagree that Amazon is no longer liable as they shipped out the item. The contract of purchase and delivery was made with Amazon and the customer, not the customer and Amazon's or any company's choice of shipper. The person spent hard eaened money and bought an item that was promised to be delivered by the seller and legally, all issues lay between the seller and the customer not the shipper the company chose.

I never disagreed with anything you said; I feel the same way.

My only point was that I think it's absurd to expect Amazon to offer an immediate refund/replacement and be "shocked" when they say they want to call the courier and confirm the situation first.

OP
OP
robbyg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think that best Buy wouldn't want to spend at least a few minutes trying to figure out what happened? Get real man.
Yeah they can spend half an hour figuring it out but there is no way they are telling me they will contact me at a later date which could be a month in the case of Amazon.

OP
OP
robbyg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW since the time I made the first post Amazon has lost two more smaller orders.
Here is one of them I made about a week after the Camera extension tube order.

Ordered Aug 21st, had a tracking number but it never arrived. I never bothered to contact them and just decided to wait since I was just not in the mood to squabble over a few bucks. On Sept 8th aprox 20 days later I go to my order list and just see this in the order list . No email contact or anything else letting me know what was going on.
Not a big deal on a small order but if it had been an expensive item that I needed ASAP this would be very annoying.

Glue.jpg

Sablah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
robbyg said:
Yeah they can spend half an hour figuring it out but there is no way they are telling me they will contact me at a later date which could be a month in the case of Amazon.

Or in the case of Amazon, it could be a day.

BTW since the time I made the first post Amazon has lost two more smaller orders.
Here is one of them I made about a week after the Camera extension tube order.

Ordered Aug 21st, had a tracking number but it never arrived. I never bothered to contact them and just decided to wait since I was just not in the mood to squabble over a few bucks. On Sept 8th aprox 20 days later I go to my order list and just see this in the order list . No email contact or anything else letting me know what was going on.
Not a big deal on a small order but if it had been an expensive item that I needed ASAP this would be very annoying.

Glue.jpg

You didn't contact them, and Amazon automatically refunded you since the tracking information never showed it arrived. What's the problem? How does that have anything to do with with them wanting to contact UPS about a package that tracking said was delivered?

Sablah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@robbyg Actually you know what, forget it. Somehow your first post came up as recent post, and I didn't mean to revive an old thread. You and I seem to have fundamental differences in opinion on what is reasonable, so there's no need to continue arguing. I didn't intend for this to turn into an argument anyways, so sorry about that.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back