Absolute Ocean is ATI’s saltwater concentrate in a bottle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here at Reef Builders we pride ourselves on covering new, important reefkeeping products. But we’ll hold our hands up and admit that this four-year-old product by ATI completely passed us by, and on both sides of the Atlantic! Readers will be aware of the many ways in which we can purchase and produce saltwater for…
Source

Continue reading...

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember back in the early 70’s there was a saltwater mix that had the Dry Salts, and a bottle of Liquid Trace Elements. It was either the first Instant Ocean or an early competitor.

UltraKelius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this mix. It’s fantastic! Water changes are so much faster, no more overnight mixing. I have a Nano and the 2x10 litres lasts ages, doing 10% weekly water changes on a 20g.

SolusCado

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here at Reef Builders we pride ourselves on covering new, important reefkeeping products. But we’ll hold our hands up and admit that this four-year-old product by ATI completely passed us by, and on both sides of the Atlantic! Readers will be aware of the many ways in which we can purchase and produce saltwater for…
Source

Continue reading...
I've been using this since I setup my tank a little over a year ago, and I have no complaints. It IS indeed super easy, but I'd like to make it even easier by using it with my Neptune Apex to automatically dose it to maintain salinity. (I find that with emptying my protein skimmer, drip-acclimating fish, and perhaps some other factors my salinity slowly drops over time.)

HOWEVER, I'm having difficulty figuring out what exactly is in each of the two parts of this solution, and why they are separated. Can they be premixed into a dosing container, or kept separate? What exactly is in each that requires the separation to begin with? I'm assuming it's some sort of calcium chloride in one and alkalinity in the other, so they are kept separate to prevent precipitation - but that's just an assumption. Can anyone say for sure?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back