AF Aquaforest Perfect Water - not so perfect??!?

OP
OP
S

shrimplover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are in this long enough you will find that nobody makes perfect water for you. You can either pick a salt an live with it, or just figure out how to make it your own.

I figured out how to doctor up IO about 15 years ago and it only takes me a few seconds with some hardware-store materials to make it the way that I want it. It only takes one time with the math and hard work and then you just repeat.

Mixing salt in your own home automatically adjusts the pH. The co2 in your home will mostly determine the pH of your water, so when you mix it at home the mixing bin usually matches the tank unless one is in a room with vastly different co2.

You can buy an adapter to run a RO unit out of your kitchen or bath sink. Even a simple unit with a few stages is much better than tap water. A camping container with 7 to 10 gallons is easy to store and keep even in a small space.
We are currently looking to buy a house and when we do of course I will have a RO system and be mixing my own water! No question about that...

OP
OP
S

shrimplover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to install an RO. There are adapters that you can slip over any current faucet.
I have actually bought a kitchen top RO device for myself and the tank now. So I should be fine with the topping off at least and then I will continue with the PErfect water for water changes since everybody agress that the PH on 7.3 is fine :)

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want that alk higher, a bit of baking soda and a good shake before the trip home will raise it easily, cheaply and safely. There are reef calculators out there that can help you with how much to add.

OP
OP
S

shrimplover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want that alk higher, a bit of baking soda and a good shake before the trip home will raise it easily, cheaply and safely. There are reef calculators out there that can help you with how much to add.
Thank you!! :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 78.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back