AI Prime Fuge and AI Blade Fuge have completely different spectrums

Muffin87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at the difference in the spectrums of the AI Prime Fuge and the AI Blade Fuge in the pictures below. The spectrum of the AI Prime Fuge is the REVERSE of the spectrum of the AI Blade Fuge. Has the AI team put ANY thought at all into the spectrums when designing these lights?
There are people like Dr Bugbee who've devoted their whole career to studying the response of plants to different spectrums. Here's a link to to one of his interviews about it. He's the one that produces the Apogee PAR meters that are so popular for reef tanks - reefers already buy his products. Has the AI team bothered to talk to him or one of his colleagues when designing their Fuge lights? I'm just baffled by this discovery.
ai-blade-ledLayout-refugium-2 copia.jpg
Prime-16-Fuge.jpg

Blade-Refugium-spectrum__47484.jpg
aiprimefuge16spectrum copia.jpg

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for pointing it out. I decided not to purchase Ai Blade of any type either way. I am happy with my HD 52 s, but when time comes, I am probably going to switch to different brand. Blade refugium , when you look at the graph, seem to be more of a reef/coral growing light.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If one followed Dr Bugbee the light would be neutral or warm white leds with some 720nm IR diodes. ;)

There is no need to stretch/shrink, flower or increase flavenoids/THC in an algae farm.
Cool white leds have up to 30% blue.

Both the above spectrums "work".. neither are optimal.
It's kind of a mess..

bugbee.JPG

Last edited:

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back