Purchased two 57" AI Blade Grow - Both Defective!

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased two 57" AI blade grow lights and they have been running on my tank for around 8 months. I was taking a close look at them today and it looks like both are defective.

Issue with Grow #1: With one of the Grows, one set of LEDs does not turn on no matter the setting. Specifically, the light consists of several panels. Each panel has 5 LEDs. In each of the panels there is one LED that does not turn on. Below is a picture showing my tow Grow lights side-by-side with the same settings. You'll see the defective LED on the left Grow.

IMG_4214.jpeg

Issue with Grow #2: On the other Grow the panel nearest to the power cord shines noticeably more blue than all the other panels. This is very difficult to capture in photos from my iPhone but I have tried my best below. You'll see that the panel at the top is more blue when compared to the panel at the very bottom. The difference is very clear when looking in person. This is harder to capture via an iPhone photo but even the photo below shows the difference.

IMG_4219.jpeg

I have contacted Ecotech/Mobius customer support. I hope I can get these lights replaced under warranty without having to jump through a bunch of hoops. I will post an update here.

OP
OP
S

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you get it resolved.
Thanks. I called customer service and have submitted a ticket in with photos. I am waiting for a response. I have two Grow, one Glow, and my custom lid was built around the mounts for these lights so I am pretty invested!

OP
OP
S

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a response from AI and they have agreed to replace both Grow lights. This is expected to take a few weeks since they are waiting for a component needed to manufacture more units. I will continue to use the existing lights in the interim.

One great thing about the Ecotech/AI/Neptune/BRS family of companies is their customer service is super responsive and top notch. If there is an issue they are quick to resolve. I will update the thread once the replacement lights come.

rb3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I received a response from AI and they have agreed to replace both Grow lights. This is expected to take a few weeks since they are waiting for a component needed to manufacture more units. I will continue to use the existing lights in the interim.

One great thing about the Ecotech/AI/Neptune/BRS family of companies is their customer service is super responsive and top notch. If there is an issue they are quick to resolve. I will update the thread once the replacement lights come.
Agreed! I had the same issue of the bar not lighting up. Also had the issue of the place I bought it from gave me the wrong version, paid for glow but got the grow instead. AI sent me the glow in replacement of the grow I sent them. Although the replacement was also defective, they were able to replace it again and this one has been flawless.

OP
OP
S

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed! I had the same issue of the bar not lighting up. Also had the issue of the place I bought it from gave me the wrong version, paid for glow but got the grow instead. AI sent me the glow in replacement of the grow I sent them. Although the replacement was also defective, they were able to replace it again and this one has been flawless.
I am glad you got your complicated situation fixed! What issue did you have with the replacement blade light? I figure I should gather feedback so I know what I should look out for when the replacement units come.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back