AI Prime thoughts.

eloehr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my cube with the settings as posted above.
20150418_143433-1.jpg

Fil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so far the light is wonderful. getting good color on my polyps and shrooms. as well as things that were closed before are starting to open. currently my only gripe is with the mount. it attaches to a pivot ball that you tighten to a set position of your choice. the problem is the supplied bearing is plastic so if you over tighten it. the plastic bearing breaks. hopefully they will find a solution to this.

Simple solution is to install the half moon shaped piece backwards so the small hole on it is against the sphere swivel. And voila perfect amount of resistance. Just be careful not to over tighten the screws.

Nano101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ai prime.jpg

Installed my AI prime today. i also purchased the AI metal mount that is made for the Prime.

here are my thoughts about the ai prime, the mount, and the My AI program for android.

Prime- well built solid construction. very compact and easy to handle. great light output from the single puck. comes wifi enabled

mount- solid black brush aluminum construction. my only gripe about it is that. the supplied screw that holds the mount to the tank is plastic and was not easy to screw in. made it difficult to install in my 12g nano. other than that the mount is great.

My AI - simple easy to use. the amount of customization is lacking. not able to set up multiple schedules. cant change the percentage of weather effects.

all things im sure that AI can improve upon with a simple update. all in all i love the light. running it at about 50% right now.

Please tell me which tank this is. I have the same but not idea what make.model

L1020121.JPG

RobBaglieri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had two of these lights with the supplied brackets for a year. No issues. You must position the light before tightening the two screws. Its not designed to be moved after.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back