Air Exchanger or Dehumidifiers or both?

BillB83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gang,

I have the following tanks setup and some in the process of being setup. All of this is setup in a finished basement.

4x2 120G
6 foot 135G
50g lowboy frag tank
2x 50 gallon drums for mixing station

On the other side of my basement my wife will do hair sometimes and she sprays all sorts of ****. She needs some type of ventilation what are my options ? Do I look into something like an air exchanger for both sides ?? or do i not worry at all about the **** shes doing and just pick up a dehumidifier to keep the humidity down on the side with the tanks ?

Thanks open to all advice on best solution

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gang,

I have the following tanks setup and some in the process of being setup. All of this is setup in a finished basement.

4x2 120G
6 foot 135G
50g lowboy frag tank
2x 50 gallon drums for mixing station

On the other side of my basement my wife will do hair sometimes and she sprays all sorts of ****. She needs some type of ventilation what are my options ? Do I look into something like an air exchanger for both sides ?? or do i not worry at all about the **** shes doing and just pick up a dehumidifier to keep the humidity down on the side with the tanks ?

Thanks open to all advice on best solution
You should be more respectful of your wife.
And both

OP
OP
BillB83

BillB83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be more respectful of your wife.
And both

Two questions.

1- What was not respectful ? all i was saying was she sprays all sorts of hair products on one side and do i need to worry about cycling it out ?
2- Recommendations on air exchangers ?

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, yes on the air-exchanger for her salon area. But what is the goal with de-humidification? Does it "feel" muggy in there? or what? The amount of water air can hold is directly linked to ambient temperature, and the evaporation rate of water is determined by the same thing (or more succinctly, it's determined by the temperature differential between the bod(ies) of water and the ambient surrounding air temperature. So, if your tanks are remaining constant at 78-80 degrees, as most are, you can reduce evaporation rate, and cure the mugginess by simply lowering the ambient temperature of the room.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try to isolate her area as much as possible and an air exchanger sounds like a good idea. I run a dehumidifier 24/7 in my basement. It has settings so I set it at 50% to keep it from smelling musty. I currently have a 125 gallon sump and a 100 gallon stock tank in the basement and and am evaporating almost 4 gallons a day between the two so I think the dehumidifier is warranted. Basement is unfinished if it matters.

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back