Algae/Carbon dosing

John_A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have some random Algae on my back wall/ small amount of a rock so I've been Carbon dosing vinegar to help knock that down so my question is should I try to remove as much as I can out of the system or just let the carbon dosing knock it out? I've been dosing for a couple weeks now and instead of receding it is growing

20240512_103556.jpg

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I have some random Algae on my back wall/ small amount of a rock so I've been Carbon dosing vinegar to help knock that down so my question is should I try to remove as much as I can out of the system or just let the carbon dosing knock it out? I've been dosing for a couple weeks now and instead of receding it is growing

20240512_103556.jpg
Have you confirmed that your nutrients are high? That looks like bubble algae or at least some of it does. I would try to remove manually if possible.

OP
OP
J

John_A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you confirmed that your nutrients are high? That looks like bubble algae or at least some of it does. I would try to remove manually if possible.
I do have a small amount of bubble algae on my rocks but this is kinda like air bubbles and scrapes off in sheets my snails are eating it but slowly

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 30 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 47 23.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 113 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back