Algae

boyer.michael.s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having issues with bubble algae but I also have this in my tank. What is it? I also have a brown version kinda like the green one pictured that keeps growing over my Zia drags that kill off my Zoas if I don’t keep peeling it off them. What can I do to eliminate a good big of algae? I have always had this but very very little it now I can’t get it to go away.

Nitrates are around 10-12
Phosphates 0.05-0.08
Alkalinity 8.4
Magnesium 1450
Calcium around 400

IMG_2044.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank? Have a tank shot with white lighting? What type of CuC and utility fish do you have?

OP
OP
B

boyer.michael.s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pair of clowns pair cardinals and 2 tangs yellow and purple. I’ll get a full shot when I get home. I have a variety of nassarius, astrea, cerith, and banded trochus snails right now. The tank is waterbox 110.4 so 80 gallon display and external sump. I have had some snails die off so I do have some replacing to do.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pair of clowns pair cardinals and 2 tangs yellow and purple. I’ll get a full shot when I get home. I have a variety of nassarius, astrea, cerith, and banded trochus snails right now. The tank is waterbox 110.4 so 80 gallon display and external sump. I have had some snails die off so I do have some replacing to do.
Best place for CuC I've found is reefcleaners.org

Get the package for half your tank size since you already have some.

OP
OP
B

boyer.michael.s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best place for CuC I've found is reefcleaners.org

Get the package for half your tank size since you already have some.
I am actually going to do this. I been needing to grab more and just haven’t yet so just places my order.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having issues with bubble algae but I also have this in my tank. What is it? I also have a brown version kinda like the green one pictured that keeps growing over my Zia drags that kill off my Zoas if I don’t keep peeling it off them. What can I do to eliminate a good big of algae? I have always had this but very very little it now I can’t get it to go away.

Nitrates are around 10-12
Phosphates 0.05-0.08
Alkalinity 8.4
Magnesium 1450
Calcium around 400

IMG_2044.jpeg
The green stuff looks like “sea lettuce” (Ulva). The slime overgrowing the coral could be cyanobacteria or dinoflagellates.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 40 27.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 30 20.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 34 23.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 37 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back