All LPS die in my tank

hunnydu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also that pic is about 2 months old. I have rearranged ALOT, made caves for the corals..but none of the bothered corals seems to care if they are in the light, dark ,flow or no flow . I give them a week or so in place and when there is no change I try something new. I have cleaned and removed some of the front and one side of my sandbed...there were no odors at all. I have moved the brains to my nano and in an hour they open up..they stay shut tight in the 75 24/7. This has driven me crazy to say the least...must too long and still no clue. I went through everything I could think of..even switch out my brute can for a new one thinking something was wrong with that..grasping at straws. I try to keep some measurable phos and nitrate in the tank. I target feed...even use cut bottle tops to keep my fire shrimp and fish away while they eat. The brains just do not open. I now have a nice cynarina the is not opening either..however I do see feeders and it eats..but during the day it stays closed...HELP..and ideas I haven't thought of!? RO/DI TDS 0 BTW.

skiwez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem, my culprit eas peppermints. They did an awesome job on aptasia, and whem there was no aptasia left they went after my frogspawn and bubble coral. Not sure why but they died/disapeared added a new frogspawn and hammer coral... both are doing well and the bubble coral actually ressurected itself

hunnydu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no peppermints..I had 2 sally lightfoots that I banished to my predator tank (and yes they are still alive) its a very passive aggressive tank..LOL

hunnydu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
please help me get to the bottom of this...I know I am not alone but the few that I have found with the same problem are stumped but good it seems!

hunnydu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hijacking!? really...it pertains to the original posters problem..seems we have the same issue. Would it not be helpful to figure it out together..come up with ideas that could help us both!? Hmm...don't get that comment at all!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back