Anemone fell into the abyss

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently acquired a couple clowns and wanted to try a BTA to see if he will host them. Picked up a nice one from my LFS. Cleared a nice area mid tank where my rocks have a pre drilled frag plug hole. So I took the little guy out and tried to place him over the hole hoping his foot would catch but he shrank up and fell into the hole leading to my cavernous abyss. I have no way of getting him from under the rocks.

I know these guys are fully capable of moving around. Do you think he will eventually find his way out or will the crabs or banded shrimp get him in the tunnel of doom?

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No big deal he’ll find his way to the light. Sometimes they do exactly that in a new environment anyway

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No big deal he’ll find his way to the light. Sometimes they do exactly that in a new environment anyway
I hope so I wasn't expecting him to shrink up so much when I handled him. He was like 5 inches around and shrunk down to the size of a dime.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently acquired a couple clowns and wanted to try a BTA to see if he will host them. Picked up a nice one from my LFS. Cleared a nice area mid tank where my rocks have a pre drilled frag plug hole. So I took the little guy out and tried to place him over the hole hoping his foot would catch but he shrank up and fell into the hole leading to my cavernous abyss. I have no way of getting him from under the rocks.

I know these guys are fully capable of moving around. Do you think he will eventually find his way out or will the crabs or banded shrimp get him in the tunnel of doom?
If healthy, when he’s ready, he’ll want the light and he will appear.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will either stay down there and shrink until it disappear or you will see some tentacles start poking out into the light in the next day or so.

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will either stay down there and shrink until it disappear or you will see some tentacles start poking out into the light in the next day or so.
Fish swim through the hole so it must be a small cave down there on the sandbed with entry and exit points. Hopefully he wanders out.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they move about the same pace as a rock flower nem?

That’s a reasonable measure of speed
Mines moved only twice in 6 years.

He never killed anyone in fact took the trouble to go around some stuff.

Took him about 6 hours to move a foot or two

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well 24 hours and still MIA. Darn crabs never reported back either. I hope the banded shrimp isn't having dinner down there in the abyss. I feel like I just lit my cigar with $100 bill.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well 24 hours and still MIA. Darn crabs never reported back either. I hope the banded shrimp isn't having dinner down there in the abyss. I feel like I just lit my cigar with $100 bill.
It happens, i lost my inferno bubble, rainbow bta, a very gorgeous lta without ever seeing pieces of them.

This hobby hurts.

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well past 48 hours now and I saw some very tiny little bright orange pieces on the sand so is current status MIA now presumed KIA?

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well 4 days and still no sign of my nem, however one of my hammers is now hosting the clownfish which I'm not exactly thrilled about but that just nature doing its thing.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.6%
Back