Any downside to GSP backwall?

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They always look pretty neat, wondering if it’s back for the tank to have the glass covered like that, or if it gets near overflow etc (even if kept in check).

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you stay on top of it and don't let it spread where you don't want it, shouldn't be any problems.

moretor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once it starts to creep I would use a scalpel to trim it away and trade the strip in for credit to the lfs

OP
OP
N

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you stay on top of it and don't let it spread where you don't want it, shouldn't be any problems.
Thanks for the reply, not sure why but I was thinking maybe impossible to get off or harder to clean or who knows.

I had the same thought as your comment about the pulsing zenia but still see tons of warnings

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xenia spreads more dangerously, I'd avoid that anywhere except an isolated island of rock. For controlling GSP, just use a razot blade to edge it when necessary.

OP
OP
N

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xenia spreads more dangerously, I'd avoid that anywhere except an isolated island of rock. For controlling GSP, just use a razot blade to edge it when necessary.
Appreciate the clarification, thank you.. definitely want some gsp to start, feels like a safe eye catching coral.

moretor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like easier trimming than trying to get it off rock in the tank too!
They sell tiny disposable scalpel blades on amazon.

Using a handle is really optional imo As I've always just held the blade in my fingers. They're so sharp it doesn't take much force to cut anything if it's new

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gsp growing on my corner overflow. I love it for the movement, I just trim as needed.

I also have xenia's brutal cousin, anthelia, on a rock and it's outgrown the rock. It is also a weed, so be wary about it.

Anthelia pictured below the GSP.

IMG20240510164028.jpg

Back