Any Known Adverse Effects From Dosing Phyto Nightly to Stop Dosing For A Few Days Then Restarting Dosing?

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will be going on a short 4 day vacation soon and will have a house sitter that will be taking care of the house including feeding the fish. I have been dosing my own cultured two blend of Phyto nightly for the past 29wks @ 14oz/dose. My tank is automated so when I dose phyto my return pump and skimmer shut down for an hour by use of two Apps. Unfortunately I would find it kind of dangerous to put the Apps on her phone due to possibly hitting the wrong Icon which are many on my system. I could have her just manually shut them down but then there is the possibility of forgetting to turn them back on. Is there any known adverse effect of not dosing Phyto for a few days when Phyto has been dosed nightly for the past 29wks?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will be going on a short 4 day vacation soon and will have a house sitter that will be taking care of the house including feeding the fish. I have been dosing my own cultured two blend of Phyto nightly for the past 29wks @ 14oz/dose. My tank is automated so when I dose phyto my return pump and skimmer shut down for an hour by use of two Apps. Unfortunately I would find it kind of dangerous to put the Apps on her phone due to possibly hitting the wrong Icon which are many on my system. I could have her just manually shut them down but then there is the possibility of forgetting to turn them back on. Is there any known adverse effect of not dosing Phyto for a few days when Phyto has been dosed nightly for the past 29wks?
Can’t answer your question.

Is there an option for the caretaker to dose the phyto without shutting off the equipment? it would be a partial feed rather than no feed.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back