Any Tech People on Here?

michaelrc51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, save the needed files to a removable device and reload them after you have it back together.
If you were staying with an AMD you wouldn't have to worry.

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, save the needed files to a removable device and reload them after you have it back together.
If you were staying with an AMD you wouldn't have to worry.
I would like to but the next CPU up is pretty meh.

ruth howard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your windows OS OEM or retail? You might have to call microsoft to reactivate. They will give you a series of numbers to type in. Have a pen and paper ready in the event you need to call them. I am with some of the other people that have posted. I would back up all my important files, get my software keys ready, and do a fresh install once you install your new motherboard and CPU. I build all my own computers. It is like Lego's for grown-ups. Lol

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankfully it is retail so I was able to reinstall with only a few problems.

mushroomrob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Are you planning to do some gaming with your new rig? I'm gonna go SSD for my next build too, probably the exact same drive you got.

What graphics card?

What are your total specs?

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Are you planning to do some gaming with your new rig? I'm gonna go SSD for my next build too, probably the exact same drive you got.

What graphics card?

What are your total specs?
I have the GeForce GTX 970 for my card, as for the other specs I have no started to overclock anything yet.....still trying to get my fan speeds set but I realize that because they are only 3 pin and not 4, I can't control them with the Corsair software :mad::mad::mad::mad:

mushroomrob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...that's the exact same card I'm going for. Fan speeds are a pain. I tried to OC my current rig and it overheats using stock, but I'm too lazy to upgrade it and would rather build a new system.

I really want to go for the 980 but then the wattage for the system I'm building wouldn't work out. And the price would jump by too much. I'm trying to build a low power high performance rig. Going for i5 4690k, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 250GB SSD, and Asrock Anniversary Edition Z97 mobo. It should be less than 300 watts total. I really just want to play games on ultra settings, but not really the high-end. Mainly just mainstream stuff you find on Steam.

Card prices are falling now though with the new DX 12 cards. I'm thinking of rebuilding for the new cards.

What games do you play?

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Yea, I love the 970, the 980 is amazing but too much for the price

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 3 6.7%
Back