Anyone from eastern wa!

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning Mattawa! MAN-O-WAR, straight out of the nuclear sea Apple! If you know what I mean, lol...
Good morning, welcome and yes I do...lol! I'm just getting back into the hobby and it will be great to get to know some local reefer's! I'm signed up with the Mid Columbia Salt Water Aquarium Clubs forum. I was hoping to join the club, but sadly, it doesn't look like much is happening there anymore!

MAN-O-WAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, welcome and yes I do...lol! I'm just getting back into the hobby and it will be great to get to know some local reefer's! I'm signed up with the Mid Columbia Salt Water Aquarium Clubs forum. I was hoping to join the club, but sadly, it doesn't look like much is happening there anymore!
Your right my friend, not many reefers in eastern WA. LFS are not very good as well! Where are you acquiring your set up, corals, fish from? Tell me about your set up!

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your right my friend, not many reefers in eastern WA. LFS are not very good as well! Where are you acquiring your set up, corals, fish from? Tell me about your set up!
So far, I've been ordering everything online. I wasn't going to get corals right away, but I had the good fortune of winning a Neptune DOS & DDR, so now I need to get an Apex controller and I will be getting into corals as soon as possible. I have a link in my signature that will take you to my tank thread! What about you, what are you running?

MAN-O-WAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far, I've been ordering everything online. I wasn't going to get corals right away, but I had the good fortune of winning a Neptune DOS & DDR, so now I need to get an Apex controller and I will be getting into corals as soon as possible. I have a link in my signature that will take you to my tank thread! What about you, what are you running?
65 gal, Eshopps rs-100 sump, performer hi tech skimmer recirculating Hydor, Hydor 600 x2 inside the tank, orbit marine pro led light which your supposed to be able to do hard and soft corals?! Here is a pic... 65 lbs of Tonga and a touch of Fiji image.jpeg

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
65 gal, Eshopps rs-100 sump, performer hi tech skimmer recirculating Hydor, Hydor 600 x2 inside the tank, orbit marine pro led light which your supposed to be able to do hard and soft corals?! Here is a pic... 65 lbs of Tonga and a touch of Fiji image.jpeg
Nice setup! I really like your scape. The fish will like it too! What are you planning to stock it with?

MAN-O-WAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I have 6 green chromis from indo, I checked there green cards, lol. I thought about changing the landscape, I may just leave it the way it is though. I wanted more room in front to put a island and have a clam etc. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to put in it yet? Have any ideas? I really want exotic stuff! It can be difficult though! I'm going to get everything from Vivid Aquarium in LA...

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A clam would look great in the front, I don't think that you would need an island, but that would look pretty sweet. Just give your tank a chance to mature before you add one. I had an Elegance coral in my tank that I absolutely loved, it's what I'm using as my avatar right now. I'm also trying to figure out what I want in my tank. I'll start out with softies then LPS, which is a good way to go when you're just beginning, I will definitely get another Elegance. Build up to it slowly, learn all that you can about something before you buy it, I have to remind myself to do that. Some things are so beautiful that it's hard not to impulse buy, but hopefully I learned my lesson with my previous setup. I am also planning to get a lot of my livestock from VA!

MAN-O-WAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree on educating yourself as much as possible before purchasing! The tank only been set up for 5 weeks! So need at least another month before I put anything in it! It's not very big so I can't put a lot in it... I'm reall excited about the clam though!

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of it! You should start a tank thread!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back