Anyone have any grown out reef raft sps? Does it look like it does on thier site?

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Show time I have a extremely similar piece that I got from my lfs cost me 15 bucks. You can't tell in the pics because of the blue in my LEDs but has exact same color as yours

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,171

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Show time I have a extremely similar piece that I got from my lfs cost me 15 bucks. You can't tell in the pics because of the blue in my LEDs but has exact same color as yours
Do your have a yellow Polyps and the tip go from white to blue to green and yellow?

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd never pay anything that some of these places charge. I'd rather buy a bargain corals and color it up myself. I got some if my nicest stuff that way.

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought dantes inferno $175. (signature) and a lime twister $20.(not signature) both from reef raft usa......heres pics not grown out but ill still share

lime twister

dantes inferno

really hoping the 175 dollar frag colors up a lot more if not oh well lesson learned. The lps I got from them is pretty stunning though.

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
came that way. and inferno was the only one they labeled that needs to encrust that in a hurry don't like seeing writing in my tank lol doesn't seem to natural

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about It I just didn't want to touch it too much being new and costing $175. Didn't wanna risk killing it, but It'll end up coming off im sure just wanted to see how it responded to the new tank first.

OP
OP
Touring

Touring

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im supprised.. i didnt know a company like reef raft would alter their pictures. i thought they were really like that hence the high prices... learn something new....

Cuda

Hunter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no substitute for buying a coral cut right off the mother colony . Unfortunately this is hard to do but ,then you know what your getting . More and more reefers are getting high tech cameras and selling names and pictures and not corals.

AJ_Tsin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the past 3 or 4 Months I have picked up several Frags from RR Canada, many which have been cut off a colony right in front of me, others Jay showed me photos of the Colony on his phone while I was looking at the Frag.

They all look identical or very similar to the iconic shots on the web, Jawdropper being the exception, the frag and the mother colonies look nothing like that photo that circulated. I have a frag of JD and although it is already starting to color up, its only about 1" big but it doesn't look the same.

All of my RR frags are still small and growing out, however I will keep things updated on my build thread. Very happy with the colors I bought and they have only gotten better under my ATI 8 Bulb Fixture.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back