Anyone heard of "Battlecorals" ?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or should I say "Has anyone not heard of Battlecorals?" For the longest time I have admired Adam's frags from his Battleboxes that I have seen posted on the site here but just didn't have any real room in my tank for new additions. Well, I decided to donate some of my large colonies and create a nice new space on my top shelf in the tank. Of course as I was removing the colonies I broke pieces off other colonies that I did not want to damage and messed some stuff up that I was not happy about but 6 beers later didn't bother me at all. So, I placed my order with Adam for a 4 frag Battlebox.

Now I am not the type that just drops a ton or cash on the latest jawbreaker pantie dropper acro so I placed a basic mid price order with him. Almost immediately after my order was placed Adam contacted me via email to discuss my preferences with acros and my tank set up. I thought this was outstanding customer service because it showed that he really wanted to personalize my order and get it right for me. A few days later my Battlebox arrived right on time. Now I felt like a kid at christmas because I did not know what was inside waiting for me. The whole Forest Gump thing was running through my mind "life is like a box of chocolates (corals), you never know what you are going to get".

I opened my present and found the packaging was excellent with heat pack still warm. To my surprise instead of 4 corals, Adam sent my 6 corals and not just basic acros in the mid price range but some really nice frags in the upper price ranges to. All of the frags arrived in excellent condition with only one having slight browning from shipping which is common. They were nice 1.5 inch size and nice encrusting on the plugs. I had no idea what they were but Adam provided a nice list of names and even information for the care of each acro. He also included a little scrubbing tooth brush. I found myself quickly going to his site to look up each acro and see what they will eventually look like as they mature. All in all it was an outstanding experience with Battlecorals and I highly recommend him for SPS. Thankyou Adam @Battlecorals .

Attached is the names of the frags he sent me along with my new top shelf in my tank with some added rock scape to get the frags closer to the lights.

20240426_102749.jpg 20240426_103744.jpg

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experiences with Adam's battle boxes has been similar. I had a frag die once and only mentioned it in passing because I was surprised I only killed one lol. Adam included a replacement in my next order. He also tossed in free Pink Floyd which Just happens to be one of my favorite bands. Adam didn't know that so me thinks he has some serious mojo.

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experiences with Adam's battle boxes has been similar. I had a frag die once and only mentioned it in passing because I was surprised I only killed one lol. Adam included a replacement in my next order. He also tossed in free Pink Floyd which Just happens to be one of my favorite bands. Adam didn't know that so me thinks he has some serious mojo.
I think you are on to something. He included a "Wonder Woman" frag for me and how did he know I am secretly smitten by Wonder Woman?

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My box that showed up today…
I ordered 3 got 5…
The extras are worth more than my order was lol
Never will I ever order acros from anyone other than BattleCorals
And just look at the size of that Efflo! That’s no Frag! That’s a colony!!!

Ultimate Efflo
Shades of Jaundice
Inland’s Cyclops
Die-Na-Myte
Dragonfly

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My box that showed up today…
I ordered 3 got 5…
The extras are worth more than my order was lol
Never will I ever order acros from anyone other than BattleCorals
And just look at the size of that Efflo! That’s no Frag! That’s a colony!!!

Ultimate Efflo
Shades of Jaundice
Inland’s Cyclops
Die-Na-Myte
Dragonfly

Sweet

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt think of that great idea.
I remember reading one of his articles where he said his father in law had given him a box of them that were actually meant for cleaning firearms. He figured they would be good for cleaning coral etc. so Adam has them made with his name and now we have them. It was a cool read.

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember reading one of his articles where he said his father in law had given him a box of them that were actually meant for cleaning firearms. He figured they would be good for cleaning coral etc. so Adam has them made with his name and now we have them. It was a cool read.
Yea I prefer the nylon brushes over the stainless.

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In todays inflation disaster economy where you pay way more but only get 3 chips in your potato bag now it is really nice to actually find a place where you truly get what you pay for and then some.

javajaws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In todays inflation disaster economy where you pay way more but only get 3 chips in your potato bag now it is really nice to actually find a place where you truly get what you pay for and then some.
I remember when the SPS frags the rich guys bought were $69. On the flip side, we have many more options available today! Too many options!!!!

...or not enough? ;)

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 65 75.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back