Anyone own one of these Tenecor Aquariums?

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1/4” is insane.

I don’t own tenecor but i would advise you do some research. Even 24” at 3/8 will bow. 1/4” acrylic for any size is crazy to me. My 25” is 3/4”
I have a Tenecor 120g, 48x24x24 since mid 1990s, that has been filled and emptied multiple times, and has the bigger top cut outs…built with 1/4” acrylic… no bowing!
My 200g and 500g (6’x5’) are 1/2” with no bowing

3/4” is not necessary for most hobbyists tanks.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there stands are looking sweet! !!! if they had them a year ago i would have prob. went with a 96x30

anyway i knew that does not help you.

I dont really like the tops cut out of that tank. see if they can go Euro braced. easier to scape and work with the tank.

also 1/4" acrylic seems on the thin side. but it will be light and easy to move.
let us know how it goes. :)
Wait till you see the Signature Series stands.

OP
OP
~MD~Reefs~

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinner, thicker. Guys, it does not move the needle that much. We build with the experience of THOUSANDS (millions if you count the small ones). of tanks. You want thicker? No problem. The additional cost is not that much. The beauty and elegance of acrylic is that "it's not there" It's just not necessary. We built the first acrylic aquariums. we set those standards.
Honestly I’ve heard a lot of good things about you guys. If you say 1/4” is enough. I trust it. You know a lot better than me lol

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t say that… now I might have to wait lol. Do you have an idea of when these will release?
They are going to be pricey. About 80% more. They will be the apex of aquarium furniture. We already are building them. Just not as standard products.

OP
OP
~MD~Reefs~

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't like waht you got from us we will take it back.
They are going to be pricey. About 80% more. They will be the apex of aquarium furniture. We already are building them. Just not as standard products.
Man I’m excited to see what they’ll look like. I sent the email for the quote already and I asked for two separate quotes for tank only and bundle. Might go with tank only and wait for that stand.

Also, that’s the type of customer service that makes me want to buy one of your tanks. When my Red Sea seam split, their customer service only offered me an $800 credit towards a new tank on a tank I spent 4k on… only a few months out of their 3 year warranty.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I’m excited to see what they’ll look like. I sent the email for the quote already and I asked for two separate quotes for tank only and bundle. Might go with tank only and wait for that stand.

Also, that’s the type of customer service that makes me want to buy one of your tanks. When my Red Sea seam split, their customer service only offered me an $800 credit towards a new tank on a tank I spent 4k on… only a few months out of their 3 year warranty.
I don't want you to get the idea we don't scrwe up. We do. But we fix it. Most people know what the is theright thing to do. Doing it is not always what is easy. Please give the customer service guys/gals some. They are very busy.

LiquidSpace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like what I’m seeing from this thread. I was dead set on a glass aquarium but I am terrified that nobody is going to be able to maneuver it where I need it to go with the weight. I guess it’s time to look into Tenecor.

I’m just worried about scratching the acrylic but I am guessing that is super overblown.

Last edited:

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like what I’m seeing from this thread. I was dead set on a glass aquarium but I am terrified that nobody is going to be able to maneuver it where I need it to go with the weight. I guess it’s time to look into Tenecor.

I’m just worried about scratching the acrylic but I am guessing that is super overblown.
Please see this >>>
Thread 'I am gutted, brand new reefer G2 525 tank covered in small scratches from flipper. Looking for some advice on how to remove the scratches'
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/i...advice-on-how-to-remove-the-scratches.963642/

LiquidSpace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please see this >>>
Thread 'I am gutted, brand new reefer G2 525 tank covered in small scratches from flipper. Looking for some advice on how to remove the scratches'
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/i...advice-on-how-to-remove-the-scratches.963642/

Hell, my tiny 13.5 is covered in scratches!

Since you’re here, approximately how much would you say the 72x24x20 weighs empty? The calculators I’m using say about 170 pounds. That’s wild!

This is the one I’m eying.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hell, my tiny 13.5 is covered in scratches!

Since you’re here, approximately how much would you say the 72x24x20 weighs empty? The calculators I’m using say about 170 pounds. That’s wild!

This is the one I’m eying.
I dig it! I like the walnut panels for the stand too. That would be an excellent choice.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back