Red Sea Reefer G1 425XL

~MD~Reefs~

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2023
Messages
355
Reaction score
289
Location
San Jose
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Hey guys, I got this setup from another member on here and I set it up and let it run a few days for salinity and temperature to remain stable and I moved over the two Ocellaris Clownish and the Blue Tang that were in a 75Gal I had. It’s a little bit of an upgrade for them but the tang will go into an even bigger tank that’s being custom built at the moment and expected to deliver in July. This is kind of a budget set up but I’m planning to go all out for the bigger setup coming soon.

Tank: Red Sea Reefer 425 XL
Lighting: Two Nicrew HyperReef 150
Powerheads: Two MP40s (Currently only 1 in tank, still trying to fix the other one)
Return Pump: Sicce Syncra Pro 5500
Protein Skimmer: AquaMaxx FC-120
Filter Roller: Clarisea SK3000 Gen 2
Heater: Eheim Jager 200W
Sand: Caribsea Special Grade
Rock: Caribsea Life Rock (Shapes, Arches, Shelf)

I added TurboStart 900 to the tank and introduced the fish so I’ll be keeping an eye on parameters. I’m curious to see how much PAR output is on the lights to see if I’m able to grow anything.. As far as stocking idea does anyone have any recommendations? Let me know if you guys have any advice!

IMG_3462.jpeg
 
Congratulations on the new adventure!!!
 
Hey guys, I got this setup from another member on here and I set it up and let it run a few days for salinity and temperature to remain stable and I moved over the two Ocellaris Clownish and the Blue Tang that were in a 75Gal I had. It’s a little bit of an upgrade for them but the tang will go into an even bigger tank that’s being custom built at the moment and expected to deliver in July. This is kind of a budget set up but I’m planning to go all out for the bigger setup coming soon.

Tank: Red Sea Reefer 425 XL
Lighting: Two Nicrew HyperReef 150
Powerheads: Two MP40s (Currently only 1 in tank, still trying to fix the other one)
Return Pump: Sicce Syncra Pro 5500
Protein Skimmer: AquaMaxx FC-120
Filter Roller: Clarisea SK3000 Gen 2
Heater: Eheim Jager 200W
Sand: Caribsea Special Grade
Rock: Caribsea Life Rock (Shapes, Arches, Shelf)

I added TurboStart 900 to the tank and introduced the fish so I’ll be keeping an eye on parameters. I’m curious to see how much PAR output is on the lights to see if I’m able to grow anything.. As far as stocking idea does anyone have any recommendations? Let me know if you guys have any advice!

IMG_3462.jpeg
Congrats on the new tank!
 
Great looking tank!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new