Last edited:

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like them
they are a spot light and depending on the optics and the height the spread will vary
in my thread i have some PAR numbers for the first couple i bought, and a discussion of the spread
but i liked them so much i have boughten a couple more since then
in my set up i find i like the 20K's with 80* optics the best

OP
OP
_Alex_

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where did u get the different optics? i ahve been thinking about setting up a small cube tank as a frag tank and one of these i think would be almost perfect with the right optics

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got mine from nanocustoms
my 80* optics are about 8" off the water shining on corals 6 - 12" under water and i get a ton of PAR in a circle about the size of a dinner plate. i tried 60* optics at this height and they were WAY to intense and had to go to 80*. i still use the 60* optic lights. they are hanging 8" off the water aimed at corals near the bottom of a 24" tall tank and they work nice for this
i think the f&s ones are the standard 40* optics
depending on the size of your cube, 40* optics could create a pretty cool effect if hung high - 3' - 4' feet above the tank
there is a tank on rc where a guy built his own pendents with 40* optics and basically had them on the ceiling, and because of the tight optics he had no light spill - really cool looking set up
something to think about for a frag type setup cause the lights would be out of the way when you need to get in there, which tends to be often in frag tanks.
i'm getting a 60* optic lamp to try on some frags. i plan on hanging it 2' above the tank and figuer it will cover at least a 1' x 1' region with high light and a little wider with lower light corals

OP
OP
_Alex_

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for moving forgot abo ut led forum .

And thanks for the info sounds like there a little beast!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%

Back