Apex alarms

Kraig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. In the pursuit of understanding the Apex better I have a question about an alarm.

I have an alarm set up, named ALARM_2_2. I don't think I added this. I'm assuming it was added automatically when I installed my ATX v2.

The configuration for this alarm is just Set OFF. The location says "Alarm on the Fluid Monitoring Module named FMM_2 at Aquabus address 2"

What would this alarm possibly be used for? If it just has "Set OFF" for the configuration, it doesn't seem like it's really doing anything.

Can anyone explain this alarm to me or let me know if this can go away?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It would alarm if the fluid monitoring module detected something that you programmed in your settings and turned it 'on'. If you do nothing - it will do nothing (i.e. if you leave it off)
Good morning. In the pursuit of understanding the Apex better I have a question about an alarm.

I have an alarm set up, named ALARM_2_2. I don't think I added this. I'm assuming it was added automatically when I installed my ATX v2.

The configuration for this alarm is just Set OFF. The location says "Alarm on the Fluid Monitoring Module named FMM_2 at Aquabus address 2"

What would this alarm possibly be used for? If it just has "Set OFF" for the configuration, it doesn't seem like it's really doing anything.

Can anyone explain this alarm to me or let me know if this can go away?

OP
OP
Kraig

Kraig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would alarm if the fluid monitoring module detected something that you programmed in your settings and turned it 'on'. If you do nothing - it will do nothing (i.e. if you leave it off)

Yeah, I figured this "alarm" isn't doing anything right now since configuration is just Set OFF.

I'm new to this and had a virtual outlet set up for something but deleted that when I had an issue with the ATX working. Now I don't know if that Alarm tile is something I did or something that was added automatically during my ATX setup process. With that said, I wasn't sure if I was missing a line in the configuration for Alarm_2_2 or if I should just delete that all together.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, I figured this "alarm" isn't doing anything right now since configuration is just Set OFF.

I'm new to this and had a virtual outlet set up for something but deleted that when I had an issue with the ATX working. Now I don't know if that Alarm tile is something I did or something that was added automatically during my ATX setup process. With that said, I wasn't sure if I was missing a line in the configuration for Alarm_2_2 or if I should just delete that all together.
If you could post your configuration that might help

OP
OP
Kraig

Kraig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you could post your configuration that might help
I took screen shots. 1 showing the Alarm_2_2 tile and the other settings inside that tile. I’m pretty sure this doesn’t do anything at all and I can just remove the tile but I’m not positive.

Attachments

• IMG_0496.png
    IMG_0496.png
    355.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0497.png
    IMG_0497.png
    155.3 KB · Views: 26

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I took screen shots. 1 showing the Alarm_2_2 tile and the other settings inside that tile. I’m pretty sure this doesn’t do anything at all and I can just remove the tile but I’m not positive.
Do you see at t he bottom of the mostly black picture where it says configuration - it's cut off. can you show what it says?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Additionally - is there any programming in your email or whatever alert using this module?

OP
OP
Kraig

Kraig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Additionally - is there any programming in your email or whatever alert using this module?

That is all that is in the configuration "Set OFF", nothing below that.

This is my email alert config:

Set OFF
If Leak1 CLOSED Then ON
If Level OPEN Then ON
If Error ATK Then ON
If ATK_Hi CLOSED Then ON

So nothing is using the Alert_2_2. I think I can just remove this. I KNOW I am overthinking this :)

Thanks for the help!!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is all that is in the configuration "Set OFF", nothing below that.

This is my email alert config:

Set OFF
If Leak1 CLOSED Then ON
If Level OPEN Then ON
If Error ATK Then ON
If ATK_Hi CLOSED Then ON

So nothing is using the Alert_2_2. I think I can just remove this. I KNOW I am overthinking this :)

Thanks for the help!!
OK - no problem - do you have a flow rate - on that device above which (probably not) - or below which - probably - I assume you want some flow - that you want to be alerted. PS - the things in your alert configuration do not help. The assumption would be that the FMM module you bought - has a reason for being there - so - a flow above x should mean something - and a flow below xxxx would mean something - why did you buy it? (the FMM Module)

OP
OP
Kraig

Kraig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The FMM module was part of the Apex ATK I bought to add onto my Apex Jr. I don't have a flow meter so it shouldn't have anything to do with that. I set the ATK up through the "tasks" in fusion so I am not sure if this alert was added during that setup or not. The alerts I need for the ATK are set up through the email alerts file so I should be good there.

I'm pretty darn certain this random alert is not doing anything as is, and is not needed for my ATK to work correctly, so it is going away.

Thanks for the help, always appreciated!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The FMM module was part of the Apex ATK I bought to add onto my Apex Jr. I don't have a flow meter so it shouldn't have anything to do with that. I set the ATK up through the "tasks" in fusion so I am not sure if this alert was added during that setup or not. The alerts I need for the ATK are set up through the email alerts file so I should be good there.

I'm pretty darn certain this random alert is not doing anything as is, and is not needed for my ATK to work correctly, so it is going away.

Thanks for the help, always appreciated!
Ok - thats a different animal - I thought you were using it for a return pump, etc. With an ATK - you might want to monitor the length of time the 'topping off' is occurring. I.e. if xxx on more than 5 minutes than alert, etc etc - I was just making up the programming. The alarm has a function - whether you choose to use it or not is your choice. There are multiple ways to do that functionality - best wishes

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back