Apex DOS bricked after AOS/Software update

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed the new AOS and was prompted to update my DOS module after the update. I have the original DOS and not the new quiet one. Install went smoothly without power interruption. Since the update it has said my module is not connected and has added about 20 more DOS modules to my apex, all of which say not connected /missing. I power cycled the apex and the dos without result. I contacted support and they scheduled me for a service call… in 2 weeks!

I don’t really want to manual dose my tank for 2 weeks. What can I do to fix this on my own?

IMG_1731.png IMG_1732.png

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed the new AOS and was prompted to update my DOS module after the update. I have the original DOS and not the new quiet one. Install went smoothly without power interruption. Since the update it has said my module is not connected and has added about 20 more DOS modules to my apex, all of which say not connected /missing. I power cycled the apex and the dos without result. I contacted support and they scheduled me for a service call… in 2 weeks!

I don’t really want to manual dose my tank for 2 weeks. What can I do to fix this on my own?

IMG_1731.png IMG_1732.png

Don't have any advice, but yikes. I'll make sure to not update my DOS.

Did Neptune try to ship the QD device firmware to the original DOS?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you contact Neptune? I just call them directly on the phone (quaint, I know) and can usually get a support tech within a few minutes.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t looked, how new is this version of AOS? I’m generally never in a rush to update to newer firmware. Partly because I don’t trust my technical skills anymore should something go amiss and partly because waiting a bit means other people get the pleasure of any bugs LOL. Assume the new firmware is to support the DOS QD and Trident NP (neither of which i plan to get right away)

OP
OP
A

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t looked, how new is this version of AOS? I’m generally never in a rush to update to newer firmware. Partly because I don’t trust my technical skills anymore should something go amiss and partly because waiting a bit means other people get the pleasure of any bugs LOL. Assume the new firmware is to support the DOS QD and Trident NP (neither of which i plan to get right away)
Yea I wish I didn’t now. I just hate having the alerts on my apex saying something is out of date. Lesson learned

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Holy crap 18 DOS’??? I did the update today to my 1 and it is okay so far.

lol sorry see that’s a glitch. Wow.

OP
OP
A

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The worst part is that it’s on my dos with AWC set up with all of my sensors. Recalibrating it is a pain. And then redoing all of the settings with my sensors too

OP
OP
A

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just keeps installing more modules too! I better not have to delete these all individually

Attachments

• IMG_1733.png
    IMG_1733.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 5

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep... mine did the same thing today...STOP working and flashed a few color lights in the upper corners of the logo and now it is not recognized by the APEX A2 El.

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd see if you can follow this to backup if you haven't already. I did before I updated jic but had no hiccups (one dos).
Thread 'Apex users: Public Service Announcement' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/apex-users-public-service-announcement.622847/
Once you have a backup you can even reset if nec but I'd try reconnecting the aquabus cables (both ends) and power cycle the dos... If you haven't already. Not like you don't have the time try things... :) Two weeks? Sheesh

robertjules1981

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine too! I have 3, 2 on my main display and 1 on my frag tank. 1 of the 2 on my display used for kalkwasser and top off is not connecting… luckily I have some versa pumps on hand. I might just switch over to those.

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine too! I have 3, 2 on my main display and 1 on my frag tank. 1 of the 2 on my display used for kalkwasser and top off is not connecting… luckily I have some versa pumps on hand. I might just switch over to those.
Yeah I have a spear Red Sea two head doser I will have to set up on All For Reef until this ticket is resolved sometime next week since they are not opened on weekends.

mdrReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar for me. Just 1 of my 3 dos got a new address and says it is not connected and the unit has a solid green light. I only had the one new connection. Fusion seems to have no way to force a firmware re-install like it used to from within the modules page. If anyone knows a way to do that pls let us know.

MrGAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same issue. Just got off the phone with support and they are engaging the engineers. I'll update this once I have something to report.

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I updated and it went through fine.

since you’re still able to connect to fusion fine, can you just remove all DOS modules? If not, then getting into your settings and performing a factory reset might be the quickest approach (although you might eat up an hour of your time).

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I updated and it went through fine.

since you’re still able to connect to fusion fine, can you just remove all DOS modules? If not, then getting into your settings and performing a factory reset might be the quickest approach (although you might eat up an hour of your time).
Factory reset the entire APEX or which factory reset are you referring to? I was suppose to get a call today, and didn't receive one from them.

robertjules1981

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooops… sorry for the empty reply. I don’t see any way to factory reset the pump itself. I was prompted to update the apex aos so fingers crossed!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back