Aqua Knight V2 settings question

Whiteydenewf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. A big thanks to this site. I’m still a noob 3 years after getting this 20G AIO tank but I’m learning and keeping at it. I’ve taken over the tank duties from my son. It was his Christmas present a few years ago but it became too much for him. I almost threw in the towel but somehow a blasto survived and is thriving so I cannot give up on it. And I’ve continued to improve.

From the beginning of my setup, I had 2 Aqua Knight V2 lights. My settings are as follows:
8:30am A10 B 25 C 05 (mimics sunrise?)
11am A50 B 50 C 10
3:30pm A, B, C all 01

I believe A is blue, B is UV, and C White but I could be wrong. I have a Kenya tree, a blasto, 5 favia, 2 acan, and several zoa.

My questions are do I need more light intensity? If yes, how much more and how long should I take to increase it? And finally should I increase the amount of time per day with light? Thanks!

OP
OP
Whiteydenewf

Whiteydenewf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No takers. I’ll leave this here just in case someone bites.
Changed 8-11 to be on 8am-12:00pm
Changed 11-3:30 to be on until 12-5:30
That gives an extra hour on sunrise and day setting.
Also increased intensity on day setting to A65 B65 C10. If everything does well I’ll bump another 10 on A and B. Still would love input.

OP
OP
Whiteydenewf

Whiteydenewf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No takers. I’ll leave this here just in case someone bites.
Changed 8-11 to be on 8am-12:00pm
Changed 11-3:30 to be on until 12-5:30
That gives an extra hour on sunrise and day setting.
Also increased intensity on day setting to A65 B65 C10. If everything does well I’ll bump another 10 on A and B. Still would love input.
So increased 8-11:30 to A 15 B 30 C 5
11:30-6:30 A75 B 75 c 15

My corals are thriving. I have a favia that’s been sick since I recently bought it. Survival of the fittest? Hope these settings help anyone who may need in the future.

JPCommenter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So increased 8-11:30 to A 15 B 30 C 5
11:30-6:30 A75 B 75 c 15

My corals are thriving. I have a favia that’s been sick since I recently bought it. Survival of the fittest? Hope these settings help anyone who may need in the future.
Do you still like these lights? I'm thinking about getting 2 of them for my Nuvo 20. There aren't many posts about them, but I saw a few saying that coral growth was an issue.

OP
OP
Whiteydenewf

Whiteydenewf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still like these lights? I'm thinking about getting 2 of them for my Nuvo 20. There aren't many posts about them, but I saw a few saying that coral growth was an issue.
I had a problem with viral growth. And I honestly am unsure if I have optimum growth. It took time and a bunch of tests. My Magnesium was low. Once fixed, my tank is thriving. So although I don’t know better, the new light settings are bringing everything together. My zoa garden is spreading! Hope this helps.

Drake2910

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a problem with viral growth. And I honestly am unsure if I have optimum growth. It took time and a bunch of tests. My Magnesium was low. Once fixed, my tank is thriving. So although I don’t know better, the new light settings are bringing everything together. My zoa garden is spreading! Hope this helps.
Are you still using same settings?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 106 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back