Aqua SD Rainbow Millipora

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one (hasn't grown much but that was more on me) but its still small. Just starting to take off. According to aqua SD it lights high light and High Flow. That seems to be what i have found out threw placement. Mine starting to turn the more reddish orange color and green tips

Jay6363

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one (hasn't grown much but that was more on me) but its still small. Just starting to take off. According to aqua SD it lights high light and High Flow. That seems to be what i have found out threw placement. Mine starting to turn the more reddish orange color and green tips

Thank you! For placement info. Anyone have them under LEDs? Yeah please post more pics!!

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine. We keep it up high under metal halides

Attachments

• 20130603_192855.jpg
    20130603_192855.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 1,566
  • 20130603_192902.jpg
    20130603_192902.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,494

Nuocmam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is kind of a peachy/orange. T5s and 1 ReefBrite. I've seen it pinkish in other tanks though.
ASDRaimbowMilli4-1.jpg

TDASDRainbow-1.jpg

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few shots of mine. Grown out from a small two branch frag when Will (aquasd) first got it in. Have it up really high under 8x48 t5 Sunpower fixture. Almost pulled the trigger on CC Heaven and Hell, but after talking with Brett, I thought they might be too similar, AND a local member ended up buying a frag of it.
Original two branch frag after a bit of encrusting

Recent Frag

Out of water during WC

Top Down Colony Shot

sportzfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that last pic shows how nice your colony really is.

Here are a few shots of mine. Grown out from a small two branch frag when Will (aquasd) first got it in. Have it up really high under 8x48 t5 Sunpower fixture. Almost pulled the trigger on CC Heaven and Hell, but after talking with Brett, I thought they might be too similar, AND a local member ended up buying a frag of it.
Original two branch frag after a bit of encrusting

Recent Frag

Out of water during WC

Top Down Colony Shot

Reefer1225

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pics everyone... good to see colony shots of someone that's raised it from a frag. It more indicative of what the color will be in captivity.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang goody, why did you cut that frag, look what you did to the colony :lol: ya cant even tell :clap2:

Thats a very sweet piece indeed.

We don't have a single store front in my state that brings in the stuff I see here-I guess thats why most of whats in m y tank has been bought or traded on line.

Thats ASD milli looks very similar to a piece I saw yesterday on the RR 24hr sale. Ian you seem to be acquiring some nice sticks-congrats

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks a lot like the latest release from Cherry Corals. Not quite as intense, but you can see the similarities. Milli's are always a little tricky color wise and I'd be intereted to see how many people have similarly colored pieces grown from frags. I would suspect not many...

I was thinking the same thing when I saw Ian's picture, Cherry's colors are different but the two tone or three tone layering of the different colors down the branches is the same. I picked up Cherry's milli, knowing it was a relatively new milli to them, mostly because I loved the white polyps and i hope as it grows into a colony I can capture some of the cool colors. I find millis pretty tricky, or rather, difficult on color. The one milli that has really been true to pictures is RMF Diablo milli, once it gets bigger it is a wondeerful deep pink and the polyps are turquoise.

I hope someone has some cool pictures of this lovely milli...good luck with it Ian.

jam3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Mine is solid red with green polyps. Quite intense.

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a frag of it last month, so far coloring up nice - i wish i knew how to take pictures so i too can show it off.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back