Aquarium Specialty - Reef on the Rocks Giveaway

laskopyre

Chuck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually going to be setting up a couple new tanks, so I have to start to design my aquascape for both. I love starting new tanks!

ReeferDre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think one of the most important point in aquascaping is having an idea of what you want to keep and thinking of coral placement when scaling.

tapout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer aquascaping with artificial rock as opposed to live rock just because you don't have to worry about pests and hitchhikers.

Hyprviperx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just had to share that the new premier issue if the Coral&Reef USA magazine that just came out has a great article on aquascaping using tubular pvc columns and supports. very interesting article and i really liked the way the larger tank looked in the end. ill probably try this with the new rocks if i win this contest.

DaveA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquascape

When I added my second tank, I connected it to the same sump as the first tank. I used dry rock for aquascaping. Since the new tanks was connected to my established tank, coraline algae grew on the dry rock extremely quickly (one month or less). I did put one live rock from my established tank into the new one and replace the space in the established tank with a piece of dry rock.

ilyad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One secret I learned is when you change your aquascape, never try and make it the way it was, the ocean gods will never have it that way, so save yourself the hours of failed attempts and just go for a new look every time

NoHooks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definition of Aquascape: The result of a frustrating exercise to fool everyone into believing the stack of rocks you assembled in a bottle was created by mother nature.

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trogdor the Burninator
trogdor.jpg
says aquascaping is fun! Oh wait, I can't win this.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 101 43.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 108 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 9.5%
Back