Aquavitro Division 125 help

i0nz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running an Aquavitro Division 125 and am having some trouble tuning it. It’s primarily due to the unique design in contrast to other skimmers which I’ve used in the past.

IMG_6809.jpeg

I’ve leveled the water level with the neck with the air open so it won’t flow over. I’ve made a ton of adjustments to the air control pin and I’m beginning to wonder if the issue I’m encountering is coming from the the adjustment pin on the Venturi.

With it leveled at the neck of the cup, the bubbles don’t seem to have enough pressure to make their way up the neck of the collection cup which results in me having to adjust the water level.

This has lead me to believe that the Venturi pin might act as a gate? However I’ve seen a lot of people mention that they don’t even use the Venturi pin. I’ve read previous threads where it’s been removed. I’ve also watched Jake Adams video several times and have noticed he has it completely removed.

IMG_6265.jpeg

With that being said I have mine in just enough to hold it in and plug the hole. My water level is at the very top teal cover of the Venturi. So roughly 2.5-3” above the minimum water level. I’d assume this adjustment pin has a purpose. By tightening it would it essentially create more head pressure? Or would I be better off trying to raise my skimmer by another inch and a half so it’s just above the minimum level?

I know this is a pretty simple skimmer to run but the design doesn’t quite make sense to me.

Any help is appreciated.

OP
OP
i0nz

i0nz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems as if not a lot of people are running this skimmer anymore

Pearse73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems as if not a lot of people are running this skimmer anymore
Probably not. My experience leads me to this statement.
It’s a piece of crap! The online rave “reviews” are likely paid for. It is garbage and an expensive mistake.
Unfortunately like me, you’ll be parting with more money soon to get one that actually works.
Rant over. I’d recommend a Reef Octo. Solid as a rock and good value.

OP
OP
i0nz

i0nz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not. My experience leads me to this statement.
It’s a piece of crap! The online rave “reviews” are likely paid for. It is garbage and an expensive mistake.
Unfortunately like me, you’ll be parting with more money soon to get one that actually works.
Rant over. I’d recommend a Reef Octo. Solid as a rock and good value.
I’m at the point where I’m about to buy a BK or Deltec lol I bought the second pump kit and it’s still underwhelming.

Pearse73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m at the point where I’m about to buy a BK or Deltec lol I bought the second pump kit and it’s still underwhelming.
As I said in my rant, an expensive mistake.
I reckon a straw and blowing bubbles in your sump would be better than that “skimmer”. I suggested the Reef Octo as I have a small sump so the space savers work well in limited spaces. If you’re not space limited go for one of the big beasts you mentioned and don’t worry about having a working skimmer ever again.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bashsea and lifereef are by FAR the best skimmers I’ve used.

If you can find them used, I’d go for it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back