Arrowcrabs and Berghia nudis

Dickie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I am getting over run with aiptasia. My sump is full of them and F aiptasia is a monthly thing in the display for me. I am planning to get berghias to clear out my sump. I would love to put some in my display also but I have peppermints (which aint touching the aiptasia), cleaners, and an arrowcrab in there. Will these creatures eat the Berghia?

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an arrow crab in my tank full of nudibranch. He was up top 8 inches away from two nudies laying eggs and never touched them. I started with 4 and have pulled 40 nudibranch out of the tank and am still finding more.

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an arrow crab in my tank full of nudibranch. He was up top 8 inches away from two nudies laying eggs and never touched them. I started with 4 and have pulled 40 nudibranch out of the tank and am still finding more.
Thanks for posting-that is great info. I would have thought arrow crabs would eat them since they eat nasty things like bristle worms.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the arrow crab, I have a male and female in one of my tanks. The female would totally eat them, she tries to catch my fish. The male could care leas about anything so hard to say, but I would say no. Kleini butterfly is great, mine eliminated all my aptasia

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting-that is great info. I would have thought arrow crabs would eat them since they eat nasty things like bristle worms.
It surprised me, I had put the nudies in 6 -8 months ago and never seen them again so I assumed they didn't make it. I then put the arrow crab in and he has been there for 4 months. I have not paid much attention to the tank as it has aptaisia covered rock and a clarkii clown until a few weeks ago and found all of these nudibranch and all of the aptaisia was gone. So I've been selling and trading them for fish and acro.

Cheri Vegas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I am getting over run with aiptasia. My sump is full of them and F aiptasia is a monthly thing in the display for me. I am planning to get berghias to clear out my sump. I would love to put some in my display also but I have peppermints (which aint touching the aiptasia), cleaners, and an arrowcrab in there. Will these creatures eat the Berghia?
The berghia will definitely take care of the aptasia if you don’t have wrasses. Not sure about your arrow crab. I’m actually looking to “borrow” some aptasia covered rocks to keep breeding the nudis. The battle is ongoing because if you see aptasia in your tank, you can be SURE they’re in your plumbing.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back