Attaching baffles in a sump

Shane94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an idea, I don't know if it is possible or if anyone has done it before. Okay so my idea is using 2 part epoxy to tack weld my fiji baffle kit in my sump and then once it is cured I will go back and fully silicone the panels. I will probably have to do one panel at a time, let it cure and silicone then move to the next. It will be a longer process then just silicone then in but my thought is the epoxy would give the acrylic a better bond with the glass. I jave seen plenty of threads about people saying how badly silicone sticks to acrylic so maybe this could be a work around. Has anyone tried this before?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an idea, I don't know if it is possible or if anyone has done it before. Okay so my idea is using 2 part epoxy to tack weld my fiji baffle kit in my sump and then once it is cured I will go back and fully silicone the panels. I will probably have to do one panel at a time, let it cure and silicone then move to the next. It will be a longer process then just silicone then in but my thought is the epoxy would give the acrylic a better bond with the glass. I jave seen plenty of threads about people saying how badly silicone sticks to acrylic so maybe this could be a work around. Has anyone tried this before?
Silicone alone is fine for sump baffles as they have equal pressures on both sides.. if you trying to build a wall with only water “pressure” on a single side it would become a problem… but what you are wanting to do is fine also although not needed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back