Auto top off

Kurt73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at getting a Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152 Auto Top Off unit for my 45 gal tank. Upon research they seem to not work with rimmed tanks. Is there away to make it work without fabricating some ugly bracket lol?

Can I put the outside magnet up against the rim and inside unit at the top where magnet only cover roughly 80-85% of the inside unit?

Hyphnx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the magnet idea. My ATO came with a piece to hold the tubing and you can use it on rimmed and rimless tanks.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at getting a Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152 Auto Top Off unit for my 45 gal tank. Upon research they seem to not work with rimmed tanks. Is there away to make it work without fabricating some ugly bracket lol?

Can I put the outside magnet up against the rim and inside unit at the top where magnet only cover roughly 80-85% of the inside unit?

I have a rimmed 33 long Aqueon tank as a sump. I notched out the plastic so that my ATO float fit nicely.

Looking at the product on BRS, it appears to have a black plastic "C" clamp which fits over the top. Notching the plastic would help you to mount it cleanly to the edge.

OP
OP
K

Kurt73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can hit up @Shirak & see if he still makes/sells the adapter for Tunze ATO's. As seen here in this thread.

I am sure there are others who have a DIY printed solution.
Actually I just bought that from him on Esty. Definitely looks like it will work a lot better then trimming the plastic on the tank rim like I read some did. Thank you for the heads up though

OP
OP
K

Kurt73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rimmed 33 long Aqueon tank as a sump. I notched out the plastic so that my ATO float fit nicely.

Looking at the product on BRS, it appears to have a black plastic "C" clamp which fits over the top. Notching the plastic would help you to mount it cleanly to the edge.
I was trying to avoid trimming so I went with that bracket. If that doesn't work I will.look into the c clamp from brs or teim the plastic. Thanks

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to avoid trimming so I went with that bracket. If that doesn't work I will.look into the c clamp from brs or teim the plastic. Thanks

I believe the C-clamp is part of the package.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 142 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back