• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Tunze 3155 ATO Plastic Rim Tank Adapter

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a request to make something for the Tunze 3155 ATO so the optical sensor/water level could be raised higher as the magnetic mount bumps into the underside of the plastic rim on a standard tank.
This is what I came up with. Very adjustable up and down for the float shut off switch and optical sensor. $16 shipped USPS first class package ($12 +4 shipping). Shown in black ABS but I can also make in red or blue.
TunzeATO.jpg
TunzeATOTankview.jpg

OP
OP
S

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a version now for the Tunze 3152 Nano ATO for plastic rimmed/rimless tanks. You could raise the water level to the bottom of the black plastic lip in the tank if you really wanted.
Also note price on either is now $18 and $4 shipping.
TunzeNanoATOb.JPG

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Had a request to make something for the Tunze 3155 ATO so the optical sensor/water level could be raised higher as the magnetic mount bumps into the underside of the plastic rim on a standard tank.
This is what I came up with. Very adjustable up and down for the float shut off switch and optical sensor. $16 shipped USPS first class package ($12 +4 shipping). Shown in black ABS but I can also make in red or blue.
TunzeATO.jpg
TunzeATOTankview.jpg
Assuming these can be reversed?? The correct orientation would be to have to optical lower as the first stop. If the optical were to fail, the float is higher up as a backup plan. Also, can this be done in orange?

OP
OP
S

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming these can be reversed?? The correct orientation would be to have to optical lower as the first stop. If the optical were to fail, the float is higher up as a backup plan. Also, can this be done in orange?
Both pieces are adjustable as they slide up and down. They can also be put into the bracket with the horizontal section either on the top or the bottom of the slide. The 3155 model is shown in the correct orientation with the float attaching on top of the horizontal holder and the optical sensor attached underneath. You are correct the they should be adjusted so the optical sensor shuts off the pump at the desired water height with the float slightly higher to shut off the pump in the event the pump or sensor fails and the pump doesn't shut off.

I have red, blue and black ABS. Sorry I don't have any orange.

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Sump is 14" high. Water level will likely be somewhere between 6-10 but let me see if I can find out for sure. You can PM me too so we don't clog up your listing.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back