Automatic, regular, unattended alkalinity monitoring

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Here is a pair of them monitoring the same tank. Nice agreement!

Two%20Alkalinity%20Monitors_zpsk5lmsakv.jpg
Oh my. Also hookedup to a aquarium controller. Have you got into manufacturing them yet?

OP
OP
JimWelsh

JimWelsh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And what would something like this cost?
Yeah, so.... whatcha' willin' to pay!?!? :D

The only answer I can give right now is that it costs me about $500 in parts and a few hours of my time to build one-off prototypes, so that's a worst-case scenario of the cost to make one.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So @JimWelsh whats ur plan for this product? Are u trying to sell it or are u going the route of this is how I did it and if u don't want to make it u can buy one off of me.
Cause I am very interested in how u did this first off I am very impressed how people can do stuff like this with time and the effort.
I also think u just hit the gold mine with a lot of people doing the triton method right now.
So I guess I'm asking what's ur business plan?
Cause I'm interested in buying one or making my own.

And seriously this is awesome and congrats on changing the reef world.

OP
OP
JimWelsh

JimWelsh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So @JimWelsh whats ur plan for this product? Are u trying to sell it or are u going the route of this is how I did it and if u don't want to make it u can buy one off of me.
Cause I am very interested in how u did this first off I am very impressed how people can do stuff like this with time and the effort.
I also think u just hit the gold mine with a lot of people doing the triton method right now.
So I guess I'm asking what's ur business plan?
Cause I'm interested in buying one or making my own.

And seriously this is awesome and congrats on changing the reef world.
What is this "business plan" thing you speak of?

The future of this device will likely be more well defined after I have a chance to speak with various interested parties at MACNA.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are u going to go about distributing this great piece of equipment to the reeding community ie business plan

Also very understood about the MACNA

Congrats again on this i honestly beleive u hit the jackpot on this u won the lottery and enjoy ur fun filled weekend and keep me posted on ur business plan

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck at MACNA. Was thinking it would be sweet to see if I can connect this with my DYI controller but I will openly admit a price tag near the $500 is out of the question. Now around $100 I would be more open to see if I can add a connect with my system.

Please don't get me wrong you have a great product here and you def used your skills to get everything together so I can see you wanting the most of it as you can. I been looking for different types of sensors to look into adding to my dyi project (have a temp one right now) and was thinking of looking at a pH until I saw this thread so it got my ears up into something else. Congrats and hope all goes well for you man it looks great.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back