• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

***Awesome Diesel Coral Pack***

OP
OP
SeahorseKeeper

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to say thank you to everyone that participated in this auction. A huge thank you to @Crued for his generous winning bid!!! A huge thank you to @Diesel for donating this AMAZING coral pack. This is just amazing. Thank you!!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

d5332

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was the charity bid paid or was someone pretending it was poker and bid just to jack up the price betting on being outbid

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was the charity bid paid or was someone pretending it was poker and bid just to jack up the price betting on being outbid

If you mean that the amount for the highest bid is donated to the Toy for Kids GFM page , yes.
I have been communicating with @Crued about this pack.
If I can ask why you asking?

d5332

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you mean that the amount for the highest bid is donated to the Toy for Kids GFM page , yes.
I have been communicating with @Crued about this pack.
If I can ask why you asking?
I am asking because i have noticed that with the new trend of forum bidding some may be bidding simply to raise the price, confident that they will be outbid at the last minute.

Not so much because they want the pack and ready to submit payment.

And because the thread has no conclusion.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am asking because i have noticed that with the new trend of forum bidding some may be bidding simply to raise the price, confident that they will be outbid at the last minute.

Ahh ok, well be assured that the thread was monitored really closely by some team members as R2R won't allow this kind of bidding and it was only setup to raise money for a Awesome cause in which the rules are bend a bit.
Pretty sure every bid that was put in was legit IMO.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agreed! same for the other pack as well! ;)

diesel, are yall waiting until after xmas/NYE to ship?

Yes sir, always find it risky to ship during the holidays.
Half of the corals are ready as these were set to go for Krista @SeahorseKeeper.
The other corals and these are all SPS I still have to frag and I do that after Christmas, give and take a two week heal time I can all ship out in the second week of 2016.

OP
OP
SeahorseKeeper

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Both auctions were paid in full very shortly after they ended. I'm confident that all bids were genuine in this case. The community really came together to help Rev crush his goal, which is awesome! :)

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sir, always find it risky to ship during the holidays.
Half of the corals are ready as these were set to go for Krista @SeahorseKeeper.
The other corals and these are all SPS I still have to frag and I do that after Christmas, give and take a two week heal time I can all ship out in the second week of 2016.

great to hear. Im trying to figure out shipping my pack. definitely waiting til after Xmas, but thinking we should wait until after the 3rd, just to be safe.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

As has been said already, this bid was a generous donation and was quickly paid, so we're very grateful as a community to all of those who made all of this auction (and the other auction that also went to support the Toys For Kids fundraiser) a HUGE success including the ones who made the auction possible, the winning bidder, and those who bid but didn't win.

I also want to say that the forum staff does monitor the auctions that are allowed here, and we have been pleased with the way that both sponsors and bidders have been above board. So I'm not sure which forum auctions you were referring to, but I am pleased to say that this has not been an issue here. If you have further questions about auctions at Reef2Reef, feel free to pm me or any other staff member for further discussion.

d5332

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As has been said already, this bid was a generous donation and was quickly paid, so we're very grateful as a community to all of those who made all of this auction (and the other auction that also went to support the Toys For Kids fundraiser) a HUGE success including the ones who made the auction possible, the winning bidder, and those who bid but didn't win.

I also want to say that the forum staff does monitor the auctions that are allowed here, and we have been pleased with the way that both sponsors and bidders have been above board. So I'm not sure which forum auctions you were referring to, but I am pleased to say that this has not been an issue here. If you have further questions about auctions at Reef2Reef, feel free to pm me or any other staff member for further discussion.
I had already walked away from this thread but...

I am referring to slow moving trend of forum coral auctions in general.

Several forums have been toying with the concept, so has facebook.

I am pretty sure some readers understood what i meant

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Well, as I said, feel free to contact any of us if you have specific concerns, or if you would like to discuss the trend of coral auctions, feel free to start a new thread. Could be a good discussion. :)

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

this isnt FB, and those auctions are definitely not monitored like the ones here. too bad you walked away from this auction, its a great pack and for a great cause!

d5332

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this isnt FB, and those auctions are definitely not monitored like the ones here. too bad you walked away from this auction, its a great pack and for a great cause!
You missed my point just a little...

I did not walk away from the auction, from the after the fact discussion...

It is a good cause, very familiar with it, donate through my employers charity efforts on a yearly basis.

Back