OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's the salt I always have used.
Yeah me too, although I highly suspect it’s part of the issue recently. @Humblefish shared that there’s a cloudiness and film on the top of his mixing stations with IO

Last edited:

crayon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few years ago we had a beautiful Ornate boxfish that arrived extremely sick. In the process of treating him (coldwater tank) we ended up with a bacterial bloom that lasted for months. DrTims cloud out helped as well as the UV and we did eventually eliminate the bloom. (Also ran a really large air stone)
For sterilization, because we had confirmed uronema, we used Virkon Aquatic. Easy to use, designed for fish systems. Just don’t mix it with salt water, it forms chlorine gas.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As it turns out, this was due to GROSSLY overdosed copper. Coppersafe changed their bottle concentration and deny they did so, despite this thread and many others— using my math and this bottles test after he fact that’d put me over 4.5 PPM. No wonder was having issues.

Copper Power from here out! Goodbye coppersafe! See this thread:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/c...instruments-high-range-copper-checker.368943/

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back