Bacterial bloom few weeks into cycling

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed it's all custom from here on out, the base filtration is as ready now as it was last week, stock as you see fit. I always recommend knowing what kind of fish disease prevention protocol you want before moving on, what you add is determined by that selected mode.

OP
OP
C

Chefnate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve done a 15ltr water change on my tank so far. Tested the salt water all parameters fine.

Tested my tank just now and the readings still the same. Is it just gonna be a case of continuing water changes or do I do a big change?

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you can get an updated full tank shot when lights come on today we can re assess your tank off pics, not what incorrect test kits read

Ok post when lights come on later this morn and we can check your params for nitrite and ammonia off the tank pics and known submersion history of the tank

Once you use prime, that water column cannot be tested accurately so we w just use a tank pic to see if you have free ammonia or not

OP
OP
C

Chefnate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you can get an updated full tank shot when lights come on today we can re assess your tank off pics, not what incorrect test kits read

Ok post when lights come on later this morn and we can check your params for nitrite and ammonia off the tank pics and known submersion history of the tank

Once you use prime, that water column cannot be tested accurately so we w just use a tank pic to see if you have free ammonia or not
I’ll get my mrs to send pics after lunch, I’m at work atm

OP
OP
C

Chefnate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll get my mrs to send pics after lunch, I’m at work atm
Ok here’s the pics, not the greatest, but I didn’t take them. Lol

EC1D9331-8AB8-4F0D-BA45-59552CDF5512.jpeg 07C4DA21-6FB7-4B7E-A57A-1E85E94B6F17.jpeg 80E67DB5-3186-4A5C-91C5-9133AAF5BFB8.jpeg E58615D0-0081-4331-A5E9-F96143CB6AC9.jpeg

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything I linked prior is why your cycle is done and you have no free ammonia nor nitrite, tank looks great. If you get additional testing done by someone not using a seneye monitor/ expect variation in test accuracy.

Nitrate is for algae tuning so whatever your real nitrate is has no bearing on the cycle. Easy call here, that's a no ammonia tank. The reason you have no nitrite is because on every cycling chart ever made, nitrite complies with zero ammonia at day twentyish, and you are past that submersion date, the algae growths show. Case closed, again :)
B

OP
OP
C

Chefnate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything I stated prior is why your cycle is done and you have no free ammonia nor nitrite, tank looks great. If you get additional testing done by someone not using a seneye monitor/ expect variation in test accuracy.

Nitrate is for algae tuning so whatever your real nitrate is has no bearing on the cycle. Easy call here, that's a no ammonia tank.

How can you actually tell that from the pictures??

So should I do a 10% water change and good to go?

OP
OP
C

Chefnate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything I linked prior is why your cycle is done and you have no free ammonia nor nitrite, tank looks great. If you get additional testing done by someone not using a seneye monitor/ expect variation in test accuracy.

Nitrate is for algae tuning so whatever your real nitrate is has no bearing on the cycle. Easy call here, that's a no ammonia tank. The reason you have no nitrite is because on every cycling chart ever made, nitrite complies with zero ammonia at day twentyish, and you are past that submersion date, the algae growths show. Case closed, again :)
B
Sorry, saw your full post after I posted. Only caught half of it.

Thanks......AGAIN @brandon429

OP
OP
C

Chefnate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I’ve just done a water change on my tank as there were bits coming through the pump. I’ve even had to turn my power head off as it seemingly made it worse. I made sure I cleared the dust in the media chamber where i have marine pure balls.
Any advice?
Here’s a video

Quote Reply
C
Chefnate

35 minutes ago
Here some pics. Not sure video is working

Attachments
Quote Reply

OP
OP
C

Chefnate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi,

I’ve just done a water change on my tank as there were bits coming through the pump. I’ve even had to turn my power head off as it seemingly made it worse. I made sure I cleared the dust in the media chamber where i have marine pure balls.
Any advice?
Here’s a video

Quote Reply
C
Chefnate

35 minutes ago

Attachments
Quote Reply
Hi,

Any advice?
Here’s a video

Quote Reply
C
Chefnate

35 minutes ago

Attachments
Quote Reply

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back