OP
OP
R

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took about a month… I vacuumed out about a quarter of the sand weekly during a water change. Pretty simple really
Thanks - I took a 1/4 out - I'm using one of them siphon gravel cleaners, but it keeps clogging, so I have to stop and start the procedure. What device are you using to vacuum the substrate? Is your substrate fine sand?

Falc!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks - I took a 1/4 out - I'm using one of them siphon gravel cleaners, but it keeps clogging, so I have to stop and start the procedure. What device are you using to vacuum the substrate? Is your substrate fine sand?
I had caribe special grade… I used large gravel cleaner and clogged the hand pump so I removed it and just used the hose part… put the end in front of powerhead to start the siphon and pulled sand out fast

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beige acrylic bottom
IMG_20240415_163555.jpg

Benson0219

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just restarted my 180 gallon tank. My tank is bare bottom. I have black ABS on the bottom. To me it looks cool. In my stand I do have a 50 gallon tank that is plumbed into the sump with Special Grade sand in it along with more live rock.

TOMACONDA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took my sand out a couple months ago, I had about 1.5-2 inches
IMG_5380.jpeg
… wish I would have done it sooner. A lot easier to maintain and able to turn up my flow which helps keep it clean. Coralline is starting to cover the bottom glass which I am liking a lot and I do have a couple Montis that are starting to attach to bottom glass. My tank is 2.5 yrs old
Did you take it all out at once ?

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 11.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 44 27.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 47.9%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back