• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bean Bag Doughboy Bounce Yumas

Item Price
$250 shipped
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

michael giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bunch of Bean Bag Doughboy Bounce yumas for sale.
- individuals are $250 shipped
- doubles are $350 shipped.
*** a couple sold and I have 3 left, each order comes with a mystery free frag***
pictures are of the mother colony and all her babies. Trusted shipper, who has been long time user of Reef2Reef.

Arrive alive guaranteed with you money back minus shipping. Within two hours of delivery of pic of yumas in the original bag. Or you can have a replacement and we will work out price on shipping.

IMG_1678.jpeg IMG_1671.jpeg IMG_1670.jpeg IMG_1672.jpeg IMG_1673.jpeg IMG_1229.jpeg IMG_1225.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
michael giordano

michael giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures are a 4” wide glass bowl in my tank, that has been fully encrusted with the Bounce Yumas. And yes, these are the RRC Bean Bag Doughboy Bounce Yumas

Last edited:

AriMiko43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Interesting... Those do not look like my RRC Beanbag/Doughboy that I got from @AriMiko43 What is the lineage on these?

Maybe the seller can clarify and answer the question on lineage. The pattern looks off to me as one that size should display more markings than that. Here is a smaller one that’s in my display which shows great striations.
IMG_3559.jpeg

OP
OP
michael giordano

michael giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah no problem, I bought it at reefapaloza in Florida last year from a vendor out of Texas. I paid lol way too much at the time, but it’s an incredibly beautiful coral. I also took those pics with my iPhone and no filter, I don’t like the filter game.

OP
OP
michael giordano

michael giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s the real deal, I saw one this weekend at the Aquashella and it looks the same just bigger.

AriMiko43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yeah no problem, I bought it at reefapaloza in Florida last year from a vendor out of Texas. I paid lol way too much at the time, but it’s an incredibly beautiful coral. I also took those pics with my iPhone and no filter, I don’t like the filter game.

You still failed to answer the question, a vendor from Texas does not clarify lineage. I’m not trying to be mean here but when you’re selling a coral that you say “you paid way to much for” at a cheaper price that raises a red flag. Trust me I’ve seen some vendors selling fakes of these and calling them a doughboy when they are not.

OP
OP
michael giordano

michael giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No AriMiko43 I get why you’re involved in my “for sale” thread now. Sorry, I did not see you are currently selling doughboys as well until I just looked. (It’s truly of poor taste to try to discredit someone for personal gain). As for price, I mimicked the price I got from someone at Aquashella this past week and what I saw online. And I have a lot of frags, I believe to be a fair price.
As for more on Lineage, I bought a bunch of pieces of coral at Reefapalooza and it was year ago. What I remembered was this vendor telling me he was from Texas. I remember his nationality, and how nice he was but not his name.

andrew7b

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No AriMiko43 I get why you’re involved in my “for sale” thread now. Sorry, I did not see you are currently selling doughboys as well until I just looked. (It’s truly of poor taste to try to discredit someone for personal gain). As for price, I mimicked the price I got from someone at Aquashella this past week and what I saw online. And I have a lot of frags, I believe to be a fair price.
As for more on Lineage, I bought a bunch of pieces of coral at Reefapalooza and it was year ago. What I remembered was this vendor telling me he was from Texas. I remember his nationality, and how nice he was but not his name.
What nationality was he maybe I can help? I know of one vendor in Houston here that has it

OP
OP
michael giordano

michael giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe I should not post that this day in age. I appreciate the help.

Last edited:

AriMiko43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The reason I came to reply is because Epic tagged me above and a few people sent me pm’s regarding the post. Like I said above I wasn’t trying to be mean, I was asking you for lineage to help you out. It’s ok I get it, you forgot who you got it from. GLWS

BossChief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shrooms grow out differently in different systems, too. Different light spectrum and intensity/par. Different water parameters. Feeding/schedule. Types of food given. Flow.

I can say these aren’t King Kong shrooms that are similar to Beanbags, but don’t have the pattern. These look like they have the pattern of a beanbag, but not as pronounced as in the ones I’ve had.

face

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Looks a lot like king kongs to me. They can get some of the line patterns especially after they are fed on the inside but its never very pronounced and doesnt extend to the frill.

OP
OP
michael giordano

michael giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run t5 lighting as well and these pictures were taken under full spectrum of the 8 bulb ATI fixture

Enchanted Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beanbag or not, they are beautiful shrooms at a fair price. people are just mad they pay way too much for theirs so they feel the need to comment. GLWS
I don't think anyone is conflicted about the price. It's more about preserving the name of a coral by confirming it's linage. An aspect of the hobby that many people enjoy is collecting corals from it's original linage and bringing out the best of that coral whether it be its color or pattern in this case. The issue arises when a coral is mislabeled. If you buy a Sunny D zoa labeled as a GMK zoa you can try all you want to bring out the colors of the GMK but you won't be able to simply because of the fact that you did not receive a GMK zoa.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back