Bellus Angel

Kevin34

zoa and aussie acan crazy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How difficult are these to care for? do they have any special needs? Anthything different from other angels? If I invest in one I want to make sure I can keep it alive.

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a male and female bellus on reefhotspot right now that I've been eyeing for the past 2 weeks. I've never had one so I'm not sure how difficult they are. I know they are one of the best choices of all the angels to keep in a reef since they pose no threat to corals.

Dace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have one, the female are easier to keep, the males are hard to get them to eat. i added both to my setup and guess what. the male lived. the female was terminated by my Watanabe angel

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small female. Gorgeous fish and ate pellets from day one. Occasionally, I feed a half cube of frozen herbivore mix in order to vary her diet.

I rarely see her grazing on the rocks, but she did pick at the algae on the glass. She hasn't bothered any corals but once took out a small feather duster that came on a frag.

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a pair of Bellus angels for almost 2 years now. They seem to be very hardy once acclimated. The main thing you need to watch for when purchasing them is that they don't have any decompression problems and that they seem to be swimming normally at the store. Mine eat a wide variety of foods from flakes to pellets to frozen foods. They get Rod's food daily and love it!

I also found that my female would rule the tank when new arrivals came in.

ReefRunner

Reef hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a male Watanabei angel with a female Bellus. They get along fine with each other and don't seem to have issues with any of my other fish or corals.

Watanabei
WatanabeiAngelfish1.JPG

Bellus
Genicanthus_bellus_Bucky.jpg

Robin

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kevin!
My pair eats like a pig and I haven't had any problems with either one of them. Did you decide to get the one from Vivid?
My male was the last in the tank and the female took to him immediately.

OP
OP
Kevin34

Kevin34

zoa and aussie acan crazy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kevin!
My pair eats like a pig and I haven't had any problems with either one of them. Did you decide to get the one from Vivid?
My male was the last in the tank and the female took to him immediately.
yes I am going to take the chance and get one from vivid. I emailed them and they do QT every specimen so I trust them. its out of stock now though so I am going to preorder it. thanks for all the info everyone

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 41 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back