Best $40.00 I have spent in a while

DurocShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome man! I do the same thing!

Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 8.03.37 PM.png

Pardon the mess...working on adding a new system. Also, they are all on their own lighting schedule and I literally just took this screenshot.

Hooray DropCam!

I did the same in my tanks for a long time.

Timelapse on my old 9g:

Hermit crabs fighting:

R_C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Camera is an awesome idea. I can't wait to get one. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Broog

Broog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights out it is black and white. . when blues are on it is not the best quality but can still see what's going going on ..when full spectrum lights are on can see alot better.. of course streaming to your phone quality will be only as good as your internet speed..streaming to your phone works better that the computer log in. but still not bad even thru computer. thought that were asking don't know how other wifi cameras work but this one was pretty plug and play and you can log into zmodo online and see your camera.. or stream thru a android or app please app. for 40.00 I was more than pleased with the quality

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup, I have a camera on the display and one under the stand that I can remotely operate to see different pieces of equipment, it mostly stays on the skimmer, my last vacation I was able to see the skimmer cup had overflowed and walk the pet sitter through draining the skimmer cup over the phone and then verify that everything looked good.

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I have done is use a couple of old phones with Alfred. This thing is awesome, no ports to open nothing. Just install the app on the phone used as a camera and then install the app on your phone. Sign in with google and voila! It is also viewable with chrome and firefox. The best usage of old phones I ever discovered! ;)
Most useful tidbit I have seen in a while!! I have at least 2 old iPhones that are worth next to nothing, gonna try this man!!!!

morpheas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most useful tidbit I have seen in a while!! I have at least 2 old iPhones that are worth next to nothing, gonna try this man!!!!

I have loved this myself. I haven't tried on iPhone but keep in mind it needs iOS 8 or later from what it says in it's description. I also bought this guy and have it next to my tank and anywhere else I want. The best old phone usage ever! :)

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do this when I go on vacation.
Money well spent in my opinion.

Me too. I don't have it on when I'm around, but when I leave town, I do. I leave my sump doors off so I can see the sump. When I leave town, I hide a set of keys outside and put a local reefer "on call." If I see or hear any issues, I call up the reefer and ask them to go over to my house. If I have to, I can watch what they are doing and even talk to them through the cam to guide them how to fix something.

Caseyoidae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I have done is use a couple of old phones with Alfred. This thing is awesome, no ports to open nothing. Just install the app on the phone used as a camera and then install the app on your phone. Sign in with google and voila! It is also viewable with chrome and firefox. The best usage of old phones I ever discovered! ;)
Thanks! I've been looking for something like this! You just saved me a couple bucks:)

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any battery powered cameras? I can't figure out how to get power to the table in front of the tank without a power cord running across the floor.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 27 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 96 65.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back