Best Heater money can buy?!

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay away from the cobalt neotherm, they look nice and sleek but when the bottom cracks and takes out your controller and leaks stray voltage... ughhh

Been waiting to hear about one of these doing something like this. The only test of a heater is time and these have been too new to be getting so much positive press.

I used to use Finnex titanium in pairs. In pairs because they seemed to have about a 50% failure rate after a year.

Jager on a controller is my recommendation.

Last edited:

Browncoat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah its a bad deal. There has been many other ppl who have said the same thing, they all crack @ the bottom edge within 6 mo to a yr sometimes earlier. And that is exactly what happened to mine.

michael_cb_125

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lost too many fish to failed heaters and controllers. I used the Eheim Ebo Jager Pyrex heaters for years (Always replaced the heaters after a year) and finally got bit. I had one cook one of my angelfish displays.

I have since completely stopped using heaters. My deep water tank is seasonal in temperature and varies from 52F in the winter to 68F in the summer. My reef systems are much more constistant with a year round temp of 75 (with maybe a degree of flux during season change). We keep our home very cool in all areas, except the reef room which is kept at 73.

I have slept so much better since ditching heaters over 6 years ago....>

~Michael

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a via aqua titanium heater for 3 years with zero problems. I like the via aqua because it comes with a controller. Then u can add a ranco or an apex on top of that. I would NEVER run a heater with out two back ups. Heater controller and a second controller on top of that.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back