Best reef ready tank deal of 2024 - whose looking for a new tank?

JdubC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaaaand my tank showed up cracked o_O

Waiting to hear back from the vendor and hoping they can just send a new tank. The stand looks great!

broken 2.jpg

Ah, crud, that is a real bummer. I’m am hopeful they will do you right.

Keep us posted.

FishingMachine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, so it actually tipped over on the pallet jack while it was getting unloaded from the truck. It was actually packed up pretty darn well, which is why the stand and sump are intact.

They're sending out a new tank. Just an extra hassle, but oh well.

SocalReefer760

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my reefmat in today and it looks really nice in the sump. Can’t wait to get this thing all setup.

Attachments

• IMG_7220.jpeg
    IMG_7220.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 51

JdubC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, this probably isn’t a huge issue, but I am noticing that everyone else’s pics show a black interior return pump tube. Mine has a clear tube. Did they attach the wrong one to mine or am I missing something here?

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, this probably isn’t a huge issue, but I am noticing that everyone else’s pics show a black interior return pump tube. Mine has a clear tube. Did they attach the wrong one to mine or am I missing something here?

They probably ran out of black. As long as the clear fits snug it shouldn’t matter

SocalReefer760

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually completely re did the return line to fit my pump so it’s not the stock line

JdubC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone making stand modifications for cords/wiring/etc.?

I'm thinking about how best to use the 'empty spaces in the stand. I am thinking about running all the cords to the tall space on the right side and then building in some sort of shelving or vertical panel to hold power bricks, a controller (down the line), and whatnot. I think there will be room behind the ATO reservoir to run wires/cords.

This would require me to drill the interior supporting walls, but I doubt that would cause any structural issues. I guess the alternative is to run them out of the whole already cut for the plumbing and then drill through the other side of the back panel into the empty right-side space.

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone making stand modifications for cords/wiring/etc.?

I'm thinking about how best to use the 'empty spaces in the stand. I am thinking about running all the cords to the tall space on the right side and then building in some sort of shelving or vertical panel to hold power bricks, a controller (down the line), and whatnot. I think there will be room behind the ATO reservoir to run wires/cords.

This would require me to drill the interior supporting walls, but I doubt that would cause any structural issues. I guess the alternative is to run them out of the whole already cut for the plumbing and then drill through the other side of the back panel into the empty right-side space.
There should be a hole in the middle wall, it's towards the back I didn't notice it until recently.

SocalReefer760

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I have a Reef Factory smart roller S on the way that I plan to install. Were the baffles pretty easy to cut out?

Nice! I have a Reef Factory smart roller S on the way that I plan to install. Were the baffles pretty easy to cut out?
So I cut the right one out first and that was pretty easy. I used super thin 7 strand fishing wire. The middle one was a pain I ended up just breaking the glass with a hammer and getting the remaining glass with a putty knife. the last far left one was easy.

SocalReefer760

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else’s gate valve leaking? Leak testing and this is the only thing leaking.

Attachments

• IMG_7257.jpeg
    IMG_7257.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 16

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 68 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back