REEF OF THE MONTH - April 2024: A Full Wall Bookcase Aquarium!!!

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful tank, great pics and an interesting read. I can say from experience... it is even more spectacular in person!

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank, great pics and an interesting read. I can say from experience... it is even more spectacular in person!
Thanks Matt. Appreciate the kind words. Looking forward to the YT video. Checkout Matt’s YT channel Craft Aquatic. Some really cool stuff.

dochoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing. Attention to detail and craftsmanship with set up really stands out.

kc4mnp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you were willing to come to my house, I’d be more than willing to give you free frags. I’ve done this previously with people. Often times they will bring me a few reciprocal corals as well, although I don’t ask for them. I’d rather someone put them in their tank vs. winding up in my garbage can.
I’m not setup to do shipping or want to deal with it at the moment. That may change down the road.
As you are in Ozark, which I believe is in Missouri, looks like you are out of luck.:crying-face:
Naw Its Ozark, AL and I think I saw you are in the Northeast , so probably still out of luck but thanks and you have a really beautiful tank ! I just my 1st frags in today and they all opened up and are doing fantastic as compared to how they looked when they arrived , as are my 2 clownfish and my yellowtailed damsel i got today also, my firetail goby didn't make the trip dangit , was DOA but it was only casualty so far ! Thumbs crossed ! would be glad to pay shipping but if you aren't set up I understand and thanks so much ! Have a great day!

kc4mnp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I get the fun of figuring out where to place my new additions in my tank, the list is as follows and I am so excited !
:face-with-tears-of-joy:
2 Ocellaris Clownfish , 1 yellow tail damselfish, 1 Darwin Blue Ultra Rainbow Zoa Combo Colony w/10+ polyps, 1 Aussie Blue Duncan 3-4 polyps, 1 Red Sea Finger Gorgonian 1" Frag , 1 ARC Fireworks Clove Polyps, 1 FL Ricordia Mushroom, 1 Halle Berry Zoanthid , 1 Jawbreaker Hornet Zoanthid, 1 JF Beach Bum Montipora, and lastly 1 each Ultra Rock Flower Anemone ... Wish me luck !

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I get the fun of figuring out where to place my new additions in my tank, the list is as follows and I am so excited !
:face-with-tears-of-joy:
2 Ocellaris Clownfish , 1 yellow tail damselfish, 1 Darwin Blue Ultra Rainbow Zoa Combo Colony w/10+ polyps, 1 Aussie Blue Duncan 3-4 polyps, 1 Red Sea Finger Gorgonian 1" Frag , 1 ARC Fireworks Clove Polyps, 1 FL Ricordia Mushroom, 1 Halle Berry Zoanthid , 1 Jawbreaker Hornet Zoanthid, 1 JF Beach Bum Montipora, and lastly 1 each Ultra Rock Flower Anemone ... Wish me luck !
Good luck! Enjoy the ride!

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Nice.. can you speak more on your ability to raise and lower the lights.
Gyree's where are yours and any patterns you like better than the other. ?

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Sure, I use a tubular shade motor which is typically used to automate the raising and lowering of window shades. Have this mounted in the canopy and attach it to the 80/20 light rack I made via derailleur cable which is stainless steel bike brake cable. The motor comes with a keypad which I mounted to the side of the canopy which allows me to raise and lower the light rack. It also comes with an app that will do the same thing on my phone or iPad.
For the gyres I use the Maxspect 350’s and have 1 mounted at each end of the tank running in a 70/30 anti-synch mode. I have them mounted near the surface pitched slightly downward so I get surface movement as well as movement mid water column.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%

Back