Best reef ready tank deal of 2024 - whose looking for a new tank?

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got an answer - 12 mm low iron glass on all sides. That’s basically 1/2” thick glass (.472 inches)

Much thicker than a standard framed 48” tank

SocalReefer760

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked mine up on Sunday. Very good quality. Stand is well built and sturdy

Attachments

• IMG_6949.jpeg
    IMG_6949.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 159

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked mine up on Sunday. Very good quality. Stand is well built and sturdy

@VintageReefer Had some good questions.

The reason I want to see the quality or get opinions is because the photos from the OP and Etsy and Bay actually some of them don't really match up. The same part of the cabinet looks different between some of them.

The overflow and plumbing would be interesting to see the shipped version. I'm also curious if a reefmat 500 would fit in the sump, so I'm curious how wide the first chamber of the sump is and I would cut out the sock section myself.

SocalReefer760

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@VintageReefer Had some good questions.

The reason I want to see the quality or get opinions is because the photos from the OP and Etsy and Bay actually some of them don't really match up. The same part of the cabinet looks different between some of them.

The overflow and plumbing would be interesting to see the shipped version. I'm also curious if a reefmat 500 would fit in the sump, so I'm curious how wide the first chamber of the sump is and I would cut out the sock section myself.
I do not think a fleece roller will fit even with the baffles cut out. However i believe the klir di-4 will fit perfect. Will have to get the flow diverters for the other two sock compartments.

SocalReefer760

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He only had 2 maybe 3 stands setup and assembled. All 3 looked the exact same aswell as the plumbing. Overflow is very sleek and nice. He also had a 3 foot tank there just one but it was super nice as well.

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked about this and am told it’s the lighting. The best and most accurate visual representation of the cabinets color is to use the video (picture 2 is animated) in the Etsy listing. all the cabinets in person are identical

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked about this and am told it’s the lighting. The best and most accurate visual representation of the cabinets color is to use the video (picture 2 is animated) in the Etsy listing. all the cabinets in person are identical

Some had grain direction that were different. Vertical all around or horizontal for part of it depending on the site. Honestly I don't care about the grain direction but what I do care about is the final production version of things. You asked @SocalReefer760 about the plumbing, I was hoping to see a picture of the back of the tank where the overflow was, it didn't look like the pipes were different lengths which to me it would seem that should be. Easy enough to cut one I imagine so not the end of the world. Also it would be cool to get dimensions of each chamber of the sump to see what skimmer, roller mat, pump, etc would fit in each spot. If the surplus gear I have fits this sump it would make this project significantly cheaper for me for a tank I don't really need and still find myself on the fence about. I imagine in the end I won't be able to resist but I am trying. lol

SocalReefer760

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some had grain direction that were different. Vertical all around or horizontal for part of it depending on the site. Honestly I don't care about the grain direction but what I do care about is the final production version of things. You asked @SocalReefer760 about the plumbing, I was hoping to see a picture of the back of the tank where the overflow was, it didn't look like the pipes were different lengths which to me it would seem that should be. Easy enough to cut one I imagine so not the end of the world. Also it would be cool to get dimensions of each chamber of the sump to see what skimmer, roller mat, pump, etc would fit in each spot. If the surplus gear I have fits this sump it would make this project significantly cheaper for me for a tank I don't really need and still find myself on the fence about. I imagine in the end I won't be able to resist but I am trying. lol
Here’s a pic of the overflow

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 125

SocalReefer760

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmer chamber is 9 3/4” x 16” I’ve got a reef octo elite 150 sss in there and have room for other things as well

SocalReefer760

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sock compartment is 4 1/4” x 13 3/8” tall from the bottom to the top of the sock compartment

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 123

dkelley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmer chamber is 9 3/4” x 16” I’ve got a reef octo elite 150 sss in there and have room for other things as well
EXTREMELY HELPFUL!!! THANK YOU!

On more thing and I'll leave you be, how wide is the return pump chamber?

Looks to be about the same as the sock chamber so maybe 4.5"?

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow the interest is higher than I thought! Here’s the link

And the code I have to get the extra 10% off is Hello20

It’s being sold from AquaTerraDecor who somehow is affiliated with CurrentUSA and these tanks
Coupon code showing as invalid now.

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Original included overflow piping is 2 white pipes that are equal lengths. I convinced them to modify and make it a true herbie setup and gave instructions. I asked for any orders from my referrals / R2R to get the updated design at the listed price and they agreed

Original vs updated pics attached.

Ya’ll welcome

Attachments

• AAA0BA04-2D18-475A-9D6D-DE88B9C061F4.jpeg
    AAA0BA04-2D18-475A-9D6D-DE88B9C061F4.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 99
  • D558DE0F-98C6-43B9-9B30-A39E0F69DC75.jpeg
    D558DE0F-98C6-43B9-9B30-A39E0F69DC75.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 102

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 120 43.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 134 48.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back