Big clownfish and small anemone

valley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I juts bought a pair of clownfish yesterday from my LFS. They’re doing fine and ate a bit on day 1. I have a bta in this tank and I’ve had it for a little more than a month. It’s not being hosted yet but I just found out that if clownfish are too big for the anemone they can actually kill it. The clownfish are about 3 inches and the anemone is only about 2 inches. What should I do? Should I just try to speed up the anemones growth? If so, how? I haven’t been feeding it.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I juts bought a pair of clownfish yesterday from my LFS. They’re doing fine and ate a bit on day 1. I have a bta in this tank and I’ve had it for a little more than a month. It’s not being hosted yet but I just found out that if clownfish are too big for the anemone they can actually kill it. The clownfish are about 3 inches and the anemone is only about 2 inches. What should I do? Should I just try to speed up the anemones growth? If so, how? I haven’t been feeding it.
It could be years until the anemone actually hosts the clowns, if ever. I would just focus on normal care. If you do feed the nem (I dont ever direct feed mine) make sure it's small pieces like mysis, once per week.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back