ocellaris clown hosting BTA

Ry.Whomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! So I've had my pair of clowns for about a year now and got them a BTA about 1.5 months ago. Anyone have any idea how I can help them host? I feel like they don't even notice it. I've tried gently "scaring" them towards it but that ended up with one jumping out of the tank so I'm not gonna do that anymore lol..

Anyone got any tips? The BTA found a great spot for it to plant, so I don't necessarily want to move it to a small container with the clowns, but I guess I'm willing to. Anyway, anyone got tips?

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nothing you can do but wait

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! So I've had my pair of clowns for about a year now and got them a BTA about 1.5 months ago. Anyone have any idea how I can help them host? I feel like they don't even notice it. I've tried gently "scaring" them towards it but that ended up with one jumping out of the tank so I'm not gonna do that anymore lol..

Anyone got any tips? The BTA found a great spot for it to plant, so I don't necessarily want to move it to a small container with the clowns, but I guess I'm willing to. Anyway, anyone got tips?
First, semantics - the nem hosts the fish, not the other way around.
Second, just let everything be... You've added some fish and inverts that you like - if they decide to be pals, great! But if not, just enjoy them as they are. We can't impose our will on every creature, lol

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back