Bleaching QT and removing bleach with safe

sscg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone reccomend some cheap chlorine test strips, I'm about to bleach my qt and I want to use Safe/Prime to remove bleanch

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I do is add bleach to fresh water in QT tank, after a little time u drain tank and air dry it, that's what sterilizes it, then rinse with water, I use ro/di water for both.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shouldn't be, if you could, after you let the tank air dry I would use ro/di water to do a final rinse, if u cant then u should be fine, i just used tap water for my 40b QT tank to clean as I didnt feel like wasting 40 gals of ro/di water. If chlorine is still a concern u can always buy test strips from your LFS.

OP
OP
sscg

sscg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shouldn't be, if you could, after you let the tank air dry I would use ro/di water to do a final rinse, if u cant then u should be fine, i just used tap water for my 40b QT tank to clean as I didnt feel like wasting 40 gals of ro/di water. If chlorine is still a concern u can always buy test strips from your LFS.
Okay! Thanks a lot!

Smo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you allow your tank and equipment to thoroughly air dry following disinfecting with bleach, any residue will turn to harmless salt.

Last edited:
Back