blower location advice

Conzo427

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently did a little research on power heads and I'm starting to think I don't have enough flow going on. I have a Sicce Voyager nano stream pump but I don't know which model (does anyone know how to find it on the device? I am 60% sure it is the Nano 2000)

Since the shape of the tank is a hexagon I can't find any good advice on the placement of the power head, and based on the info I can find, I am likely not moving enough water. I wanted to throw it out there for people more knowledgeable than I am to see if there is anything I can do better.

Thanks in advance!

20240418_135743.jpg 20240418_135752.jpg

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank, the corals I see don’t need a lot of flow and they look quite happy.

Why are you starting to think you don’t have enough flow?

OP
OP
Conzo427

Conzo427

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank, the corals I see don’t need a lot of flow and they look quite happy.

Why are you starting to think you don’t have enough flow?
That is a great question. I guess it's because my previous power head moved the water a lot more. The reduced flow of this one made me start to wonder if I was using the correct one (I've had this one for about 3 months). I did a little research and people seemed to be talking aboit much higher flows then what I have, using multiple heads etc. In short it's just me being paranoid and wanting to make sure I am doing things correctly. I'm no expert and have pretty much been winging in since day one, so I question every move I make.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a great question. I guess it's because my previous power head moved the water a lot more. The reduced flow of this one made me start to wonder if I was using the correct one (I've had this one for about 3 months). I did a little research and people seemed to be talking aboit much higher flows then what I have, using multiple heads etc. In short it's just me being paranoid and wanting to make sure I am doing things correctly. I'm no expert and have pretty much been winging in since day one, so I question every move I make.
From the looks, I’d say your doing things correctly!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back