Blue Chromis (Chromis cyanea) sick but no physical evidence to know how to treat

ahubele1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past 3 days, my Chromis has shown signs of lethargy, has been swimming backwards/sideways, and has labored breathing. There is no physical evidence for me to diagnose it (no white/red spots on fins or body, nothing bulging on it, etc.) I've also tested my water and the levels are perfect as of now. Please help me figure out what is wrong with the poor thing and let me know what I can do to treat it.

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past 3 days, my Chromis has shown signs of lethargy, has been swimming backwards/sideways, and has labored breathing. There is no physical evidence for me to diagnose it (no white/red spots on fins or body, nothing bulging on it, etc.) I've also tested my water and the levels are perfect as of now. Please help me figure out what is wrong with the poor thing and let me know what I can do to treat it.
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

More background information and pictures/video would be needed to more accurately diagnose this issue. This post explains the information that we need:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 67 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back